Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for a 4850 tiller and snowblower for my MF 1655!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 861 Thanks
  • 876 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 05:08 PM

I just picked up a 1655 with a 48 inch blower and a 48 inch rear blade from a guy two weeks ago.He had a 4850 tiller that the pto shaft was in 4 pieces and he still wanted 500 bucks for it.No thanks dont need one that bad.Plus my old ladie would have killed me

#17 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 14, 2010 - 09:44 PM

Limebuzz, U have his contact info??? What condition was the rest of the tiller in? Thanks Luke

#18 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted December 15, 2010 - 03:06 AM

Nice try Luke! :laughingteeth:

I have a spare valve set to correct the problem, also a spare 1655 to put it on once I install the 3PH and rear PTO.

Bob

#19 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 15, 2010 - 07:11 PM

Ha Ha Ha! At least give me an A for effort!! If I was you I'd hide that thing under lock and key.......not that i'm gonna make a special trip to your place but its just harder then heck to find these things!! Must not of been many of them sold originally......probably pretty expensive attachment for back in them days?? Anybody know what they sold for new from massey/snapper?? Luke

#20 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted December 15, 2010 - 08:58 PM

As I have said earlier I have a snapper 48 inch tiller it includes the pto shaft!! that I am selling or prefer to trade on a two stage snow blower, I know they are out there I have seen then on the newer snapper tractors, must be a 48 inch or if somebody give the right amount of cash its yours.

#21 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 15, 2010 - 10:13 PM

Thought you just wanted to sell the 42" tiller ErnRemy??? Have any pics of the 48" snapper tiller? How is it mechanically.....good? Don't want a piece of junk! Whats your price?......be nice, remember I have to have it shipped here! Luke

#22 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted December 17, 2010 - 04:46 AM

Ha Ha Ha! At least give me an A for effort!! If I was you I'd hide that thing under lock and key.......not that i'm gonna make a special trip to your place but its just harder then heck to find these things!! Must not of been many of them sold originally......probably pretty expensive attachment for back in them days?? Anybody know what they sold for new from massey/snapper?? Luke

Okay, you get an A for effort but an F for results. :laughingteeth: I'm not overly worried about hiding it. At well over 300 lb., it'll take 4 big guys to load that puppy onto a truck parked 60' away. It's awkward as he!! and doesn't roll worth a darn. Besides, you're about a days drive away, each way! Hmmm, just how bad do you want a tiller anyway???? Maybe I better secure it!! :(

I fell in love with the 1655 when they first came out, and they're still the best looking tractor in my books. Original price at the local dealer was $3175 for the tractor, $175 for the 3PH, $1500 for the tiller and $2000 for the Provost 48" 2 stage snowblower. All Canadian dollars at about $0.85 U.S. in 1977. I can't remember how much the rear PTO cost (old age creaping up, you know), but I believe it was somewhere around $100. Oh yes, the mower was extra, but I didn't price it. My yard is too small with too many obstacles.

Five years later I paid $6500 for the tractor, blower, tiller and a 5" back blade, all used (237 hours on a disconnected hourmeter) and a brand new cab. For another $400 each, I could have included a 54"MMM and a Johnson loader. I already had a FEL available to install.

Bob

Edited by TUDOR, December 17, 2010 - 05:01 AM.

#23 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted December 17, 2010 - 07:13 AM

luke if your interested in that tiller here is a trade
Snapper snowblower attatchment
not sure where you live but if you want to work something out!!!

#24 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 861 Thanks
  • 876 posts

Posted December 17, 2010 - 06:40 PM

Hey Luke are you getting my messages that I am sending you in you profile?

#25 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 18, 2010 - 03:03 PM

Yep, got the message limebuzz! Thanks Luke

#26 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 18, 2010 - 03:04 PM

Hey ErnRemy! Is that the snowblower your trying to get rid of? Whats the size that one? Looks smaller then a 48"??? Luke

#27 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted December 18, 2010 - 05:53 PM

Hey ErnRemy! Is that the snowblower your trying to get rid of? Whats the size that one? Looks smaller then a 48"??? Luke

Hey Luke I think what he's trying to tell you is that if you buy the snowblower that he's pointed out on CL or have one like it he'll trade you for it for the tiller. At least thats what I think he's meaning. Larry

#28 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted December 18, 2010 - 07:16 PM

That is the snow blower I want and i am willing to trade for my 48 inch tiller. If you live close to check it out or know somebody maybe we can work something out. I know the blower is not 48 inch but with some side scrapers it will widen out alright

#29 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted December 21, 2010 - 06:40 PM

I guess i scared you off with the price Oh well

#30 RALLY OFFLINE  

RALLY

• Member No: 1054
  • 2 Thanks