Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for a 4850 tiller and snowblower for my MF 1655!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 06:53 PM

As alot of others out there I'm looking for a 4850 tiller and snowblower for my MF 1655.......any help hunting one down would be appreciated!! Thanks Luke

#2 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,075 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 08:51 PM

There was a new member on here maybe a couple weeks ago not sure if he was from Alberta or Saskatewan that was saying something about selling the tiller.I can't remeber the thread or his name ,maybe it'll come to me.Larry

#3 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 09:54 PM

That will work......I'd be interested in it as long as its not a piece of junk, got plenty of projects already on my plate and don't need another if ya know what I mean!! LOL! What was the model number on the biggest snowblower they offered at that time? Was it also 48" or bigger? Thank Luke

#4 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 11:06 PM

I have a snapper 48 in tiller on my 1855 at present, I tell that thing makes my tractor, which is a beast, groan when lifting it, in fact if I push it to hard it will cat walk for a long ways. the 48 in tiller weights in at 380 pounds. My 1855 has a 20 hp onan in it which is heavier than the old motor and still does not keep the front end down. I do have an extra 42in that I am looking at parting with it, does need a lower chain repair, I have not taken it apart as of yet because I am using the good one. If your interested in purchasing it email me e_remy2001@yahoo.com
shipping might be a problem as I live in northern Saskatchewan but I can get it to the border some time in the next 4 months I am sure you will not need it before then. I am not sure of the price to ask maybe some one out there can suggest a price. I tell you what I am looking for a 48 in snow blower for mine if you find a decent one maybe we can do some trading. I have seen some two stage blowers out there, that is what I am looking for! it should be shaft drive but if not I am sure i can modify it.

#5 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,075 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 09:25 AM

Thanks for comming forward ErnRemy I couldn't remeber your user name .I knew you were somewhere in Sask.Larry

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 04:50 PM

ErnRemy, thanks for the reply to my post! Think I'm gonna hold off til i find a 4850 tiller, thanks for the info. The tractor does lift it easily other then lifting the front end off the ground though right? Luke

#7 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 19 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 06:33 PM

Nope she makes the bypass work to get it off the ground, as well the guy I purchased it from broke one of the lift arms where they connect to the lift cylinder. I have not put t pressure gauge on the lines to see what she is putting out. This tractor will be my fel tractor here in the near future. You know what for that matter if you find me snapper two stage blower for my 1855 soon as well to become a 2555, I will trade that beast off, I still have my 1650 with the tiller attached.

Edited by ErnRemy, December 12, 2010 - 06:42 PM.

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 08:06 PM

I would love to get a tiller for my 1655 but I have other stuff I gotta get done first. Sounds like the tillers are a work out for the big Masseys.

#9 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 08:43 PM

I would love to get a tiller for my 1655 but I have other stuff I gotta get done first. Sounds like the tillers are a work out for the big Masseys.

I don't know how much my MF4250 tiller weighs, but more than factory after widening it to 53" cut. I'd say it still weighs a bit less than the MF4850, maybe 75lbs less. All my tractors lift it VERY easily. I did add 120lbs cast weights off the front, plus the bumper weighs around 20lbs for a total of 140lb hanging off the front, but without this, no steering hardy at all. As far as lifting, and tilling, all my tractors with front weights handle it NO problem, including my customized Bush Hog JBI. I have even stood on my tiller (another 210lbs) and they lift the tiller PLUS me without a whimper. All are stock as far as pressure setting.

#10 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 11:17 PM

Cool, that was my big question......" will the lift system handle it " Well if the tiller weighs in at 350lbs and then you stood on it(210lbs) that brings the total up to 560lbs give or take a few lbs, thats pretty good for a mid sized tractor with straight out of the factory pump settings! Massey has always been ahead of the competition with its hydraulics and 3 point lift capacities! No wonder they are still the number one brand sold in the world! Thanks Luke

#11 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 09:03 AM

Luke, as I understand it, Mahindra was the top seller worldwide for 2010 thus far. But for all time...yep, it's MASSEY!

#12 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 09:39 AM

I've got a 4850 and my 1655 handled it quite well, although it's close to maxing out the hydraulics when the tractor was fairly new. I used 130 lb of weight on the front until I put the FEL on it. If tooo much dirt sticks to the tiller, the hydraulics needs a helping hand. Now my 3PH valve is worn out and it barely picks up the back blade, never mind the tiller, and definitely won't keep it up. Something like me. LOL

I was told the 4850 weighs 320 lb., but I never checked. The 2 stage 48" Pronovost blower that I got in the package would make a good counterweight for the tiller and vice versa. In fact thats what I used the first winter, along with loaded tires and chains. No wheel spinnung with that setup. The blower weighs something around 250 - 300 lb.

#13 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 12:36 PM

Dan, thats news to me, Mahindra top seller for 2010! Maybe for sub compacts.......but across the board(compacts, sub compacts, utility tractors, farm tractors, combines)they have everybody beat for sales! I'd have to see it in writing to believe Mahindra is top in sales for 2010........not that I don't believe ya I'm just surprised! Don't see any of them around this part of the country. Luke

#14 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 12:38 PM

Dan, thats news to me, Mahindra top seller for 2010! Maybe for sub compacts.......but across the board(compacts, sub compacts, utility tractors, farm tractors, combines)they have everybody beat for sales! I'd have to see it in writing to believe Mahindra is top in sales for 2010........not that I don't believe ya I'm just surprised! Don't see any of them around this part of the country. Luke

Not sure if it's true, but here's what I read: Mahindra becomes worlds top selling tractor brand - Overdrive Magazine -

#15 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted December 13, 2010 - 12:38 PM

Tudor, since your tractor won't lift that 4850 tiller anymore why don't you just sell it to me now then! LOL! Luke