My brother has a Cub Cadet 104 that had engine problems with the original 10hp. So after he tried to fix it and couldn't find the problem he decided it was time to find another engine since he doesn't have the time to rebuild the original.
Here it is how he bought it.
After looking for a engine for awhile and finding the prices where pretty high I picked up this 129 as a parts machine. I got it running even though the compression release didn't work as we would find out later.
So we pulled the engine for the 104 and 129 and then put the 12hp into the 104. After everything was hooked up we found the compression release wasn't working which wouldn't let the engine spin fast enough to start. After about 3 months we got time to pull the engine again and took it inside to fix it. We got it disassembled and found that the rod and crank had a lot of scoring. The surprising thing was that this engine didn't knock at when I had it running. So now that engine is now sitting in pieces on my work bench.
So now it has been over a year since we last drove this tractor and now close to six months since we puled the second engine. Just haven't had time to work on it. Here is how it sits today.
Now the current plan is to pull the engine out of my 147 since we know that the engine is good and the 147 needs more work than I want to do to it. Then after the engine is in we will add a rear lift so I can use an attachment that I have been waiting too long to get a chance to play with lol.
The 147 donor
what this whole project it for, to use this
I will update this as we work on it.