4 replies to this topic

#1 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 11:57 AM

I made a new friend through GTTalk (pops1964) a week or so ago and he invited me to join him in Clayton NC this past weekend for an Antique tractor and car show.  This show was actually rather close to me so late Friday afternoon I decided that I'd given my best efforts to school and could take some time off on Saturday.  Saturday got off to a rainy start and there was some discussion about whether or when we would unload.  Eventually the rain ended, and everyone unloaded.  I think there were just under a dozen full size tractors and less than a dozen garden tractors.  I got to see pops1964's Massey 1450, which is a great looking tractor, he just needs to track down the reason behind oil leaking out of the engine breather.

Around noon I participated in some fun tractor games, which I've never done before.  We "jousted" using a pool cue to pluck hoops off hooks, played "push the barrel", "bomb the can" which involved driving a course of cans and trying to drop nuts or washers into the can while speeding by, and "chain in the hole".  I've got a few short videos which I'll try to upload one day.  The tractor club has a webpage, so I'll give them a shout-out:

http://classicantiquepower.com/

Very friendly bunch of people and I had a really good time.  If I can fill out the paperwork correctly, they'll even let me join!

GE 004.JPG GE 005.JPG GE 006.JPG GE 007.JPG GE 008.JPG GE 009.JPG GE 010.JPG GE 012.JPG GE 015.JPG GE 016.JPG GE 018.JPG GE 024.JPG GE 025.JPG GE 028.JPG GE 029.JPG GE 030.JPG GE 031.JPG

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, sacsr and 3 others have said thanks

#2 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 12:00 PM

I ran into an upload limitation before I got to my little pride and joy:

GE 032.JPG

She still had some mud on her from the plow day at Midlands a few weekends ago, I hated I hadn't taken time to wash her, or better yet make on of my kids wash her! :D

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, sacsr and 2 others have said thanks

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 12:20 PM

Great bunch of tractors there, what did the guy want for the Sim. 4041?

Glad you had a good day off of school! :thumbs:

• HowardsMF155 and pops1964 have said thanks

#4 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 01:42 PM

Brian, I think it was $4000.00 but I'm not certain.  The paint job looked even better in person, everything looked to be in tip-top shape.

• Texas Deere and Horse and pops1964 have said thanks

#5 pops1964 OFFLINE  

pops1964
  • Member No: 40470
  • 7 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted October 27, 2013 - 11:37 AM

We had a Great Day looking and playing with our tractors, we had a slow race and guess who spanked us all ? Howard did good job buddy that massey not only ran fast it runs real slow. At the club picnic sorry u coudn't make it but you where there in talk my brother bragged on how slow it was !!!! red the sim i believe can be got for like Howard said for 4,000. It is in better condition than new Mr.Larry restores them to better than new condition he has several more he is trying to sell i will get a list up. HE has cancer and is trying to sell out not to leave everything on wife's hand to do so.He is baffiling docs they only gave him 3 months and he has surpassed that by 6 months already. Thanks to good Lord !!!

• Texas Deere and Horse and HowardsMF155 have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tractor show, clayton nc