- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,041 Thanks
  • 4,972 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 02:32 PM

I normally don't ask questions like this, but I am out of my element.  We had a 1632 in better shape than the one pictured(it was completely restored 100% everything new or rebuilt) but we sold it last year since it took up way too much floor space.  We took a loss on it selling it at 1500 bucks.  We had near 2500 in it.  Restorations get expensive when you start nitpicking everything.  I assume the S-14 is more of the sized one next to it?  Tag looks like it says S-19 on it.

I ran across a decent looking s-14.  Has a mower deck can't be sure the guy is hard to understand.   He says it runs, cuts, and is pretty solid.  Been garage kept for many years.  The on pictured isn't the one I am looking at it.  Found a picture that gave a size comparison.

He wants 400 bucks for it.  Is that out of the park for an unrestored one?

Edited by toomanytoys84, October 21, 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,457 Thanks
  • 6,346 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 06:54 AM

Seems about right if all there, not too ruff. Running is better, but might not be that important. If you look on epay, most fellas have stuff for sale starting about there and usually get 6 or 700 in the end. Lots of those are pick-up only and always seem to be in NE Ohio or West PA. W/out pix to see can't really say for sure. I paid $500 for the one I fixed up and pix here in forums. It didn't run at time, but got it going and painted nice. Tires were most costly part of whole project.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#3 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,041 Thanks
  • 4,972 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 11:30 AM

I am going to go look at it Sunday morning.

He is willing to take trades, he wants a minibike for his grandson.  I happen to have a few dozen minibikes.  I am going to offer him a nice Gilson fully suspended minibike, I have about 300 dollars in cleaning up and getting it running.  Would be a fair trade I think. 

There is usually a ton of speedex stuff nearly local to me, an hour drive most of the time.

I am not a huge speedex fan, but I'd like another.  Too many cubs sitting aorund.

Edited by toomanytoys84, October 22, 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#4 superspeedex OFFLINE  

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 05:43 PM

I just sold my s 18 that was restored and pretty nice and gone through for 450 bucks but the market just sucks nowdays for selling anything anymore