Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Poulan 2200 chainsaw

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1546
  • 41 Thanks
  • 181 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 04:41 PM

I have my poulan 2800 chainsaw i am a Sthil man I cant for the life of me figure out whats wrong with this one It will start up and run on choke and half choke but wont idle I think it aint building presure cause when i open the gas tank i dont here the psss Any suggestions :confuse: And buy the way its for sale

Posted Image

Edited by Rocking416, December 11, 2010 - 05:08 PM.

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 20,157 Thanks
  • 24,402 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 05:05 PM

My Husqvarna is doing the same thing. I have never learned to repair those style carbs. Checked my fuel lines & filter & they are fine.

#3 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• 41 Thanks
  • 181 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 05:11 PM

Hmm I have Walbro carb I think its the accelrator pump i am going to hook up a vacum gage to it and see how much crank case vacum i have if i have crank case vacum then that tells me my accelrator pump isnt pumping the fuel to the carb I would think Logical place to start before replacing parts

#4 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 2,632 Thanks
  • 4,311 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 05:19 PM

I bought a Poulan chainsaw through Canadian tire 3,4 yrs ago, can't remember the model but I do remember reading in the manual that came with it and it said saw made for light duty work, expected engine life >50hrs< and that's pretty much how long it lasted, when it was near it's end, didn't want to idle.

#5 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• 41 Thanks
  • 181 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 05:34 PM

I am thinking about posting it for sale on Ebay but i dont know if anyone will buy it There kinda like work gloves i think when they get old and dirty ya throw them away lol

#6 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,632 Thanks
  • 4,311 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 05:55 PM

I've seen Poulan saws no chain, bar for sale at Princes Auto as low as $50.

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 6,152 Thanks
  • 13,858 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 05:56 PM

I can't get over the prices used saws get on eBay. I don't know how much the Poulan will bring but you might get couple bucks for it.

#8 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,632 Thanks
  • 4,311 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 06:07 PM

I should add in all fairness to Poulan for a home owner who needs a saw 2,3 times a year to cut up a couple of branches theses saws are fine for that.

Also the everybody I know that bought a used saw got ripped, they either only ran when they looked at them or died shortly after bringing them home, last guy bought $1000. Stil (can't spell) for $250 supposedly in like new condition only to find out it needed chain, bar and engine kit.

#9 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• 41 Thanks
  • 181 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 06:15 PM

Yea i am going to start my bid on saw 001 cent and see where if goes because i know shipping mite be alot I mean it has a new gas tank on it i bought 2 years ago for like 50$ It has just been sitting in the shed to long

#10 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 464 Thanks
  • 938 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 11:29 AM

If you've been using gas with ethanol in it, you very likely have some half-disintegrated plastic floating around in the fuel system. 2 stroke engines also don't lubricate properly with ethanol fuels because the alcohol has a tendency to wash the oil off the metal parts. Makita Canada was recommending that all of their 2 stroke products be run on premium fuels because of that. Premium fuels up here are less likely to have ethanol in them...not sure about in the US.

Anyway, I've seen idle problems with the Makitas because of the fuel issue. I didn't work on the gas engines when I worked there, but I paid attention to what was going on because it would apply everywhere, not just to those specific products.

I should add in all fairness to Poulan for a home owner who needs a saw 2,3 times a year to cut up a couple of branches theses saws are fine for that.

I actually bought a 16" electric just because of that. I often cut firewood with family and friends, but I use their tools when doing it. I had a cheap little McCullough because all I need around here is small saw and I was tired of spending an hour messing around (where's the gas/oil mix can? Do I have any 2 stroke oil? Oops left fuel in it last time, now I have to buy a filter!) that once or twice a year I needed my own saw. The electric is great. It has enough power for small jobs, and the only fluid it needs is chain oil.