5 replies to this topic

#1 Gutkowski OFFLINE  

Gutkowski
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 47905
  • 44 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 07:58 PM

Just picked it up this morning ,Went to start it and nothing even with the jumper box so I just thought the battery was dead .

Put in the battery off another tractor (which I know is a good battery ) turned the key and still nothing .

Jumped the solenoid and it turned over and fired up on carb cleaner and ran with the fresh gas so I figured ok easy fix .

Went to the parts store picked up 10' of 1/4 fuel line filter and new battery got home installed new fuel line and filter went to jump the solenoid fired up on carb cleaner for a few seconds and now I cant get it to run at all I am at a loss for this evening  .

So I pull the gas tank and find the plug going to the ignition switch is melted and I can only imagine that is the reason for the key not turning over the engine .

So my question is can I find somewhere online that can sell me a new old stock wiring harness ?

Sorry for the questions, this is my first wheel horse .

Attached Thumbnails

• 010.JPG
  • 011.JPG
  • 002.JPG
  • 008.JPG

Edited by Gutkowski, October 21, 2013 - 04:38 AM.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 11:01 PM

I had the same issue on a couple different WH I have owned. Best thing to do is just replace the end of the plug with individual connectors. Keep the plug in case you need it for reference later.

• Gutkowski said thank you

#3 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 06:46 AM

Likely a 1977 B-100 8-speed model number 71-10K801.

You can get a new plug with short leads and splice it in. Napa # 7-01910 or just the plastic body # 7-016034. If the switch terminals are rusted replace it also or it will happen again. Coat all the connections with dielectric silicone grease for trouble-free service.

Garry

Edited by GWest, October 21, 2013 - 06:51 AM.

• KC9KAS and Gutkowski have said thanks

#4 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 07:16 PM

From the looks of the plug and wires, someone may have already put a new/different plug on....isn't that heat shrink tubing on the wires near the plug?

Good luck, and as GWest said, be sure to clean the ignition switch terminals and use dielectric silicone grease.

And thanks Garry for the parts numbers for the plug.

#5 Gutkowski OFFLINE  

Gutkowski
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 47905
  • 44 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 08:25 PM

From the looks of the plug and wires, someone may have already put a new/different plug on....isn't that heat shrink tubing on the wires near the plug?

Good luck, and as GWest said, be sure to clean the ignition switch terminals and use dielectric silicone grease.

And thanks Garry for the parts numbers for the plug.

Yes there was heat shrink tubing on almost all the connections  I did clean out the jets and it fired right up.

I went to go move it and nothing I checked the drive belt and zero tension on it then found that the pin on the clutch that holds the rod for the belt tensioner was broken and just the head of a nail was sitting there so my creative ingenuity and used this lol .

What are the attachments available I can get for the B100 ?

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG

#6 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 05:19 AM

The 3/16" x 1-1/4" spiral pin you need is part number 7841 or 933190. These are a pin made of a roll of spring steel and often named a roll pin. The split pins are a single roll of metal and not as strong.

Garry