Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Problems Before Wintertime, Like Usual....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Justin2655 OFFLINE  

Justin2655
  • Member No: 11487
  • 204 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 08:23 PM

i went to go drive my 1050 out of the barn the other day, started good, ran good, and drove for about 600 feet and all of the sudden the motor acted like it had one hell of a load on it, like you was just working the crap out of it so i stopped and it came back to normal rpms and took off again, drove it alittle more and did the same thing, except it killed it within a matter of a couple seconds :mad2: , so i tried a low gear and it did the same thing but i could motor on threw it till the load came off of the motor, so i was thinking it was a bearing in the rear end that was giving me that problem and doing it but now today it does it when im sitting still and have the clutch pushed in, it dies because of the load that is on the motor it just bogs it right down, so i took the drive belt off and it ran perfect just like it always has, would anyone happen to know or how to figure out this problem? thanks justin

• boyscout862 and JRJ have said thanks

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 08:29 PM

Well, if its doing it with the clutch pushed in the only thing it can be is the Needle Bearing inside the clutch which would be the only thing still spinning when the clutch is in and the engine is running.

• sacsr said thank you

#3 Justin2655 OFFLINE  

Justin2655
  • 204 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 08:34 PM

i replaced the needle bearings a couple months ago well all the clutch/driveshaft bearings because it was squaling, but soppose it could be thos again?

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 08:40 PM

It could be a tractor problem, but I would be curious whether you have something drop down into the fuel line and making the engine run lean. 

Ben W.

• boyscout862 and Justin2655 have said thanks

#5 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 08:54 PM

Check the bearings in your starter generator. One day I was letting my 1050 idle to warm up and all of the sudden the engine went from running to a dead stop in less than a second. It turns out that one of the bearing went bad and after that the engine could barely run with the load from the started. A simple way to check if your problem is being cause by the starter generator is to just remove the starter generator belt and use a rope to start the engine. If it runs fine without the belt off then you know whats causing the problem.

• sacsr, Justin2655 and JRJ have said thanks

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,692 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 09:11 PM

If you replaced the bearings already then I would try and rule out the engine like the others have said.

• Justin2655 said thank you

#7 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,795 Thanks
  • 7,541 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 06:00 AM

I agree with Superaben, check the fuel. I've had a lot of trouble with fuel systems this summer. I suspect that they have upped the ethanol.  Just pull the fuel line at the carb, put the end in a can, and crank it over. If plenty of fuel comes out suspect the carb. Pull the needles and spray cab cleanner in through the needle holes. Replace the needles and set them to the basic adjustment. Run the engine and do the fine adjustment. Hopefully that will do it. My wifes LT has been annoying me for two weeks because it changes the mixture each time she uses it. I'll pull the carb this week. Good Luck, Rick

• Justin2655 said thank you

#8 Justin2655 OFFLINE  

Justin2655
  • 204 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 07:02 PM

thanks guys, once i get alittle bit of time i will have to take a look at it and give it all a try, thanks again!