• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 06:17 AM

Nice looking country there at your new place. That shop looks like it's going to come in handy. That's a nice collection of tractors, parts etc. Moving is a pile of work but it's always a nice feeling when you're all moved and can get things set up just the way you want them in a new space.

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 09:15 AM

Great looking property and :thumbs: on the shed. Moving is hard, but turning it into a home can be fun.

#18 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 09:20 AM

Congratulations on the move.  That shop looks great.  I hope you get settled in quickly.

#19 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 11:15 AM

Yeah, saw you were in IN, yet still way down there! SO, won't be coming to check out the goods like I thought I could! See you have a Plastic King (1200 maybe) going on the trailer. I like those in bigger sizes, haven't had a small one yet. Hope you can spend some money and get lumber to build some big shelves along walls. NOW's the time to do that while you're thinking of how to get stuff in there. If you don't, the place will clutter quick and you will "learn" where you laid stuff and never bother to really pick-up and organize. Least that's what would happen to me. Then it all get's piled up to a second layer too.  Is there an attic? or floor above?  Might be another idea for later. There is no "right-size" sheds, they all get smaller as collections grow and tools move in.

• rustyoldjunk, Texas Deere and Horse and HDWildBill have said thanks

#20 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 11:28 AM

Hope you enjoy the new shop. 

Your collection looks nice.  I'm seeing very little rust considering your screen name. :smilewink:

#21 rustyoldjunk ONLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 02:16 PM

I agree gl but i don't have the luxury of waiting to get the stuff inside.My last shop had a great egg crate shelving setup that made it so easy to organize parts and pieces. I will get something setup and i have to make a work bench too because he took the other one. Its already over full so i will have to move somethings to one of the other sheds. There is 6 tractors in there now and 3 more to get in the along with a motorcycle. There is also a lot of parts and attachments in there. I will get more pictures this evening. I definitely have some organizing to do do. I'm already thinking about adding a lean to or something similar to the back side of the building.The PK is a 1988 1214 hydro with hydro lift. It is the smallest of the PK tractor line but is big as 12 inch rear wheel tractors go and it is a tank. You should come on down to our plow/pull/tractor show the first,second and third of NOV.                                                                                                                                        Can,my screen name is kind of a play on words. That is what most people consider my tractor treasures.

#22 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 10:00 PM

We (the wife,myself and our 3 year old daughter ) (yes at 47 i have a 3 old daughter),yust bought a "new to us" home place. Heres some pictures of my tractor stuff getting moved to my new shop. Two pretty sized loads hauled and one more to go including 3 more tractors,a motorcycle,and my tools.

Ahhh... a man after my own heart...

One suggestion for loading (temporarily) non-running tractors on your trailer.  The little 2,000 lb capacity HF Winches work pretty good, albeit slowly.  You can get a snatch block for them and double your pulling power (and halve your speed)...

Smitty

• rustyoldjunk and Sawdust have said thanks

#23 rustyoldjunk ONLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 10:29 PM

Thanks Smitty,my back ain't what it used to be. I used a come-a-long on these loads (although the PK1214 is the only one that i come-a-longed on,the rest we pushed on.) and i have a 2500 Ramsey winch that i have used for the last few years too but i pulled the leads out of it to replace them and haven't got to it yet.Most of my current tractors run but i don't have enough batteries to go around and it seems easier and quicker to load them the hard way then swap batteries from tractor to tractor.

Edited by rustyoldjunk, October 21, 2013 - 10:38 PM.