At my son's house this week I took the DB w/ sickle bar to try cutting stickers and brush that was creeping into the mowing areas. It work ok but because it's cutting path is centered on the tractor you couldn,t too close to the edge of the pond and the sticker hurt lol . I remembered see someone here had a walk behind that was offset . It took a while to find the old sickle bar I saved . http://gardentractor...-the-garage/
figured it was so rusty and worn ,had a broken rock guard I would try offsetting it and there wouldn't be any changes other then switching back to the good bar .I used the good bar as a template drilling the mounting holes . then ground the rivets on the little bracket that drives the teeth bar and the rivets where it was going to be relocated . Some of the rivets came out with the air chisel but only 2 where the bracket was going .2 was enough to keep it located while I used the mig welder to cheat and form the rivet heads . One hole had to be counter sunk so the die grinder worked good for that . .Came out pretty good still need to get some new plow bolts and free up the wheel hub so it can be moved inward for a little more offset .Did a quick test run last night and don't see any problems .