Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

1948 Economy Chain Steer - Lockport, Ny

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Member No: 8084
  • 1,019 Thanks
  • 549 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 05:56 AM

It looks like someone put a lot of time and money into this one.  It makes me ashamed of the condition of my chain steer that has an older restoration.  I keep thinking about restoring mine nicely, but then in the next breath I also think about selling it too.  Anyway, nice tractor.

http://buffalo.craig...4119731502.html

00y0y_gQFnvXpS7Nt_600x450.jpg

#2 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 07:44 AM

About twice as much money as I would expect it to sell for based on similar chain steer tractors that I have seen sell for in the past.It is  not completely restored as it is missing the brakes.

What serial # is your tractor? Do you have pics posted?

#3 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Member No: 8084
  • 1,019 Thanks
  • 549 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 07:52 AM

About twice as much money as I would expect it to sell for based on similar chain steer tractors that I have seen sell for in the past.It is  not completely restored as it is missing the brakes.

What serial # is your tractor? Do you have pics posted?

Weren't brakes on these an option?  I don't know too much about them, but I thought they were an option.  There are pictures of my Economy on the forum, I believe, on page four of the Power King/Economy page.  Mine is a 1947, serial number 338.  The pictures posted are the way the tractor was when I bought it and brought it home.

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,652 Thanks
  • 6,469 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 03:30 PM

Wow! He likes that one!  Nice, but expensive.  One can be bought for less money.  Someone will probly buy it, that doesn't really know PK's or tractors at all and think he got a real Gem!   "Antique" is the most important part in this offer......heh, heh!

#5 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 06:00 PM

Weren't brakes on these an option?  I don't know too much about them, but I thought they were an option.  There are pictures of my Economy on the forum, I believe, on page four of the Power King/Economy page.  Mine is a 1947, serial number 338.  The pictures posted are the way the tractor was when I bought it and brought it home.

Yes I remember your tractor and it probably more closely resembles how it looked when it left the factory than what this one does.

I hate to say anything for sure on these early tractors.I think they all had brakes with that serial number but that is a guess.I had 144 which was an early 47 and it did not have the pinion shafts for brakes and this tractor does.