Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Lesson Learned

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 11:48 AM

Shorty your post reminded me of when we lived at the old house.  I got up one Saturday morning to fine our mailbox laying on the ground and the post in about a hundred pieces.  I was furious, but off to HD I went to get a new post (Mailbox was kind of dented but OK).  While I was at HD I saw a father with (I assumed his sons) buying a post and mailbox.  I had to make another stop before going home and when I got home there was the father and his son and son's buddy putting in a new post and mailbox.  The father was sitting on the tailgate of his truck supervising the boy's.   It seems the boy's went out Friday night parting and got a little wild and hit our mailbox.  Dad wakes up the next morning to find front end damage to the family car. 

There are still good folks out there but the low life's seem to take front stage.

• IamSherwood, KennyP, twostep and 1 other said thanks

#17 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,564 Thanks
  • 3,942 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 04:04 PM

Shorty your post reminded me of when we lived at the old house.  I got up one Saturday morning to fine our mailbox laying on the ground and the post in about a hundred pieces.  I was furious, but off to HD I went to get a new post (Mailbox was kind of dented but OK).  While I was at HD I saw a father with (I assumed his sons) buying a post and mailbox.  I had to make another stop before going home and when I got home there was the father and his son and son's buddy putting in a new post and mailbox.  The father was sitting on the tailgate of his truck supervising the boy's.   It seems the boy's went out Friday night parting and got a little wild and hit our mailbox.  Dad wakes up the next morning to find front end damage to the family car. 

There are still good folks out there but the low life's seem to take front stage.

You know that is one Dad that really is trying to teach responsibility. Not just telling him, but there to make sure it is done the whole way.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#18 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,709 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 04:10 PM

Yea, we sat there on his tail gate talking for quite some time about kid's and the issues of raising them. 

• oldedeeres said thank you

#19 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,080 posts

Posted October 20, 2013 - 05:48 PM

That's a good story. Something my dad would of made me do.
  • shorty, HDWildBill, twostep and 1 other said thanks

#20 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 10:47 PM

That's a good story. Something my dad would of made me do.

mine too but my arse would be red and sore for a long time...

Buddy of mine up the road has had his mail box blown to pieces a few times so i built him one that you can't hurt.. 10 inch pipe with one inch spacers on the inside then a 8 inch pipe inside. All welded up then cement to fill the gap. Welded to a 5 inch drill stem thats burried six feet in the ground and four feet outta the ground.