Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Going To Swallow Hard, And Pull The Trigger.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,461 Thanks
  • 2,527 posts

Posted October 25, 2013 - 06:42 PM

Starting the first week of last December, I was laid off two days a week and that lasted through the first week of July. From July until three weeks ago, I was full time and couldn't find enough time away from work to eat supper with the family. Now I'm back on two days a week lay off. While on lay off all of those months, collecting partial unemployment, there were times when we had to dip into our nest egg set aside for house funds such as the new kitchen and furnace. I don't know if any of you had to collect partial unemployment, but if you did, you know that it sucks, and don't pay much. Couldn't even make enough to come close to what I was making full time. Needless to say, we dipped into the funds more and more each week just to survive. Well, now we have just enough funds to pay for the kitchen cabinets and furnace. Nothing left to even finish the kitchen, such as drywall, light fixtures, flooring, and the countertop. 

I know I said I wouldn't be starting to sell the tractors and attachments in the near future, but it appears that I was wrong, and that I will be starting to list stuff sooner than expected. I will hopefully get a list together in the next couple of days of all the items that will be listed. A lot of you have inquired about me contacting you when I'm ready to sell, and some of you have offered to help me get things ready. I will try and contact all of you that have either emailed or PM'd me as best I can, but I will tell you, there is quite a long list. As for helping me, I think I just want to do this with my kids. The collection means a lot to each of them, and I wouldn't feel good with myself if I didn't let them help. I guess it's a way for us all to say Good Bye.

All items will be listed on this website, and this website only. I will be staying away from Craigslist, and will only list items on ebay if they don't get any interest on here. Some of you guys are asking for first chance on certain things, but due to the overwhelming response, I think I will just list the items on here, and it will be first come first serve. It's only fair, as there are a couple of guys all wanting the same items. Some of you inquired about items that will be kept. Those of you who did, I will be contacting you back to let you know what we are keeping. 

As for pricing, I have checked ebay prices, and have been to numerous auctions. I know the value of this stuff, but on the same hand, I'm not out to get top dollar or ask outrageous prices. I've been collecting for 25 years, and I know all of these tractors and attachments inside and out. Most are in complete original condition, while some I had to buy some missing parts for. Either way, all of them are in restorable condition if that is what you choose to do. I won't ask a fortune for this stuff, but I do expect a fair price. I worked really hard on getting this collection to what it is, and there was a lot of good money spent. If you guys are fair to me, I'll be fair to you. 

Thank you for all of your support, and I'll be in touch again soon.

• olcowhand, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 3 others have said thanks

#32 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,215 Thanks
  • 29,686 posts

Posted October 25, 2013 - 06:45 PM

I was wondering today how things were going for you.  Could be better for sure, but then it could be lots worse.  We just have to count our blessings.  Best wishes got good sales!

• johndeereelfman and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#33 Cat385B OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,295 Thanks
  • 8,666 posts

Posted October 25, 2013 - 07:21 PM

I-90 East 1,141.16 miles

18 hrs 31 mins

Est. Fuel Cost

Prepare to be dickered down $127.98

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#34 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted October 25, 2013 - 07:34 PM

If you're running 90 east you'll be running right past me, you can stop and say hi!

Sorry to hear about the need to sell off the collection, if I could afford green tractors I'd be in line as well but as it is I'll just admire from a distance.

#35 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 2,738 Thanks
  • 2,157 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 06:04 AM

Troy , good luck with selling your collection. Tom

#36 shorty OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,290 Thanks
  • 3,719 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 06:16 AM

I feel for you Troy, those partials are really rough. The last few years have hit hard around here.

#37 MH81 OFFLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,663 Thanks
  • 28,314 posts

Posted October 26, 2013 - 08:03 AM

Troy, I wish you the best of luck and understand very well what you are describing. I hope things turn around for you as soon as possible and any units you do have to sell will ease the burden quickly.