• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,419 Thanks
  • 4,889 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 08:32 AM

This may be off on a bit of a tangent, but since we seem to be ragging on the "younger" generation and their behavior etc.----
" What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders. They disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. What is to become of them?"--- Plato,427-347 B.C.

'Twas ever thus, it seems.

I think it has been happening over time, it's just now with technology, we see it exponentially. I hat eto say it, but my generation is part of the crisis we are in with the govmn't, we have become a country of apathy and selfishness, it's all about me and I dn't care what's going on around me.

I will say my kids are techno junkies, but we have tried to keep them going with 4H and the animals. They have to feed and at least check on their animals regularly....at least it's something even if they won't clean their rooms.

I remembered this the other day, my daughter will get together with 2 of her friends ( 8th graders) to hang out, they will be sitting in a row on a bench, all three going to town on their phones, not even talking or interacting with each other....

• boyscout862, oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks