Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

John Deere....blown Engine... Florida..comments Welcome.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 16, 2013 - 06:18 PM

I see it almost every day..........Blown engine.... Operator error? You tell me

!http://tampa.craigsl...4133808345.html

Attached Thumbnails

• 00k0k_jfxgYyUJiDv_600x450.jpg

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 08:49 PM

It is simply called L-A-Z-Y.

How long does it take to check the oil level?

Or my favorite, how long does it take to tighten the drain plug?  And how do you miss the deep black line you painted on your grass?  Did you know someone really said to me that they never realized that the engine was leaking oil on their riding tractor?  As they used it to push snow?

I had another customer tell me that he had to clean up a mess in the garage on the floor that he couldn't figure out "whence it came" and decided to move his zero turn out of that same bay and onto the driveway.  He then went on to mow the yard, and when the engine threw a rod he wondered what could have caused it to happen.  For a 7 hour machine, after its break in service someone had forgotten to tighten the drain plug on the long hose that works as a drain cock.  It leaked oh-so-slowly.  Seriously??

Then there was the guy who religiously checked the oil on his machine, and left the dipstick out.  It blew oil all over the whole machine (and probably the back of the operator, but we went say a thing there) until he heard this knock from the tail end of his unit.

Some people should not own a tractor.

Ben W.

#3 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,296 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted October 17, 2013 - 05:28 AM

It is simply called L-A-Z-Y.

How long does it take to check the oil level?

Or my favorite, how long does it take to tighten the drain plug?  And how do you miss the deep black line you painted on your grass?  Did you know someone really said to me that they never realized that the engine was leaking oil on their riding tractor?  As they used it to push snow?

I had another customer tell me that he had to clean up a mess in the garage on the floor that he couldn't figure out "whence it came" and decided to move his zero turn out of that same bay and onto the driveway.  He then went on to mow the yard, and when the engine threw a rod he wondered what could have caused it to happen.  For a 7 hour machine, after its break in service someone had forgotten to tighten the drain plug on the long hose that works as a drain cock.  It leaked oh-so-slowly.  Seriously??

Then there was the guy who religiously checked the oil on his machine, and left the dipstick out.  It blew oil all over the whole machine (and probably the back of the operator, but we went say a thing there) until he heard this knock from the tail end of his unit.

Some people should not own a tractor.

Ben W.

And my kids wonder why I harp at them about this.