• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,564 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 09:07 AM

Yes, using a dozer is fun, unless it's 90's or higher, skeeters are eating on you, and you've already been on it for 4 or 5 hours!    I like using my old IH T340 high lift crawler, but it's cramped and after a while, my knees are killing me.\

Hey Ryan, at the first part of the video you are sitting with your head down.  Looks almost like you're saying a prayer before you start working it!  :smilewink:

You did a fine job young man!  And grinding gears is one of the things these old crawlers do best no matter how hard you try not to! 

• MH81, MF10Ryan and oldedeeres have said thanks

#17 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 09:29 AM

Great job on that dozer... Man that thing looks fun!!

...You'll be with some friends that are your age, just shooting the breeze some evening and, while they are telling stories of top scores they got on certain games or whatever, you'll be telling stories of things you've done (pushing dirt on a dozer for example) that they can't even fathom.  They don't know what true fun they are missing...

Well said. It's just getting worse; I'm in my mid 30's and being an engineer I work around a lot of "gamer" type folk... I just chuckle when they start talking about games and PC's and such and all I'm thinking about is getting home and getting outside to work on a tractor or better yet... RUNNING one!!!

• MH81, MF10Ryan, David Brown and 1 other said thanks

#18 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 09:32 PM

Just one more thing on my "bucket list", wanna get me one of those! Good job Ryan, it was fun watching you get your confidence up and relax a bit as you worked it.
  • MH81 and MF10Ryan have said thanks

#19 Kfs35 OFFLINE  

Kfs35
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 22474
  • 395 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted October 17, 2013 - 10:23 AM

Cool, nice job.  I had a lot of fun running my Dad's JD440 when I was a kid.

#20 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted October 17, 2013 - 12:18 PM

Very Nice Job Ryan!! Treasure those times spent with your grandfather!!  I lost one on my first birthaday and the other was over 100 miles away.  I feel like I missed something .

#21 MF10Ryan OFFLINE  

MF10Ryan

• Contributor
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 7917
  • 244 Thanks
  • 74 posts

Posted October 17, 2013 - 07:42 PM

Great job, Ryan, as usual!  You are a unique young man indeed.  Most young men your age would opt to sit in front of the computer or whatever and be entertained.  I think you would agree that there's no better experience than being outdoors and taking the reigns of old iron and (in this case) pushing some earth around to create something useful.  I hope you have a good understanding and appreciation for the situation you have.  Someday you will be off on your own, have a family and be too busy for times like this.  You'll be with some friends that are your age, just shooting the breeze some evening and, while they are telling stories of top scores they got on certain games or whatever, you'll be telling stories of things you've done (pushing dirt on a dozer for example) that they can't even fathom.  They don't know what true fun they are missing.  Take full advantage of this time as you are being taught well by a good family.  Hope to see you and dad in November.

Thanks Jeff! I do agree! the outdoors is the best experience, for entertainment and knowledge!!  but i, like my father do enjoy some computer time here and there! :D   i do my best to be a helping hand and an old fashioned ethical kid! ps: I'm not a fan of my peers either...

Edited by MF10Ryan, October 17, 2013 - 07:45 PM.

• MH81 and Utah Smitty have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jd 1010, crawler