MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,438 Thanks
  • 29,546 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 08:36 AM

This morning, I thought I would do some maintenance on the iPad. Been a while since I've opened the gates that hold back all the updates... Thought I'd start with the easy ones first.

Historically, I have gone to a video, made it full screen, clicked share and then clipboard. It was in a format that our software would just embed. Easy way to share the joy, even edited them in for members who were having a hard time posting the vid from android devices or whatever... Well, it seems that's all over.

The wizards at google made this youtube update much less user friendly in the share department (after all, if it ain't broke, it needs an update... Right?)
I am looking to see if this can be eased, but now, in order to share a link... I either...
Just go to the PC to do my GTTalking or

1 copy the link using the new share feature
2 paste it into an empty post and post it.
3 go to a PC : wallbanging:
4 edit post to add text

Any other order will lose the vid.

If anyone has another way that works, let me know.
  • wvbuzzmaster and HDWildBill have said thanks

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,662 Thanks
  • 7,409 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 08:50 AM

I usually don't update stuff on apple devices for similar reasons. I once had eBay app tell me "Update or die" when i went to use it lol. Turned out I was at least 6 updates behind or more lol
  • MH81 said thank you

#3 TomLGT195 ONLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 3,143 Thanks
  • 2,439 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 09:27 AM

I try not to update either , If it aint broke don't fix it!  Every time I do , I end up relearning the app , or losing my favorites due to the new format. 

I am VERY hesitant about loading IOS 7 . my kids have and I don't like it! My wife tried something with her phone and it wouldn't let her do that unless she upgraded. That's bull.

Tom

• MH81 said thank you

#4 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 14,199 Thanks
  • 8,177 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 01:51 PM

I hate it when google maps updates on my phone. It does it automatically. Last time it went from a well organized working app to a horrible mess it takes an engineering degree to figure out.

The worst part of the new YouTube app for android is the stupid picture in a picture function where you can't really close a video it just and reduces it to a tiny postage stamp size and keeps on playing.

• MH81 said thank you