• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,715 Thanks
  • 868 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 04:31 PM

This is what i have to deal with in my area, $700 snowthrower for a wheel horse? some people have way to much money, i wish i could find this guy who bought it,as i have a whole bunch of stuff to sell, i would even give him a discount. ha ha ha , sorry i cant post the ad, but here is the ad if someone could who is computer savy could pull it up craigslist buffalo #4099820756

• JRJ said thank you

#2 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 05:23 PM

Single stage blowers here in the states for the WH brand are pretty reasonable, but the 2 stage are usually a bit spendy.  That price down here would be in the asking range for a 2 stage.

• farmer john said thank you

#3 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,715 Thanks
  • 868 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 06:44 PM

yes i could see a 2 stage going for that but the last blowers i got were on tractors a sweet 310-8 blower and tiller $475 and a 312h deck and blower $280, then this guy goes and pays that, it just drives the prices up .

#4 thirdroc17 OFFLINE  

thirdroc17

• Member No: 1805
  • 36 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 03:03 PM

People with deep pockets are killing the hobby for those of us with less moderate means.........

#5 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted October 16, 2013 - 04:40 PM

If you go price a new one you will see why they bring big bux used,,, for that matter price any new GT with a blower and blade and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out its only gonna cost more to "stay in the game" no sense hashin it over, its just the way its going to be. Oh there will be deals found but its gonna get harder and fewer between.  There's a reason I have a nice old WH GT with a near new blower and blade rather than a shiney new JD X530 with blower and blade (can ya read the Lust),,,,,, about 9K worth of reason and other brands arent far behind in pricing. 

#6 thirdroc17 OFFLINE  

thirdroc17

• Member No: 1805
  • 36 Thanks
  • 91 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 09:14 AM

Used prices are set mainly by what people are willing to pay.   If a lot of deep pockets get into the game, prices go up, then it's a game for deep pockets only.  That's why some areas of the country are priced twice what they are in others, and why I have several items from several states away.   Prices have went sky high closer to me, and there are enough deep pockets to keep them there.  Other areas of the country, well, that's a different story.

If the cost of new was the only determining factor, there wouldn't be the huge differential in price between areas.

#7 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted October 19, 2013 - 04:18 PM

The why really isnt important it is what it is and its not gonna change its only gonna get worse. Many things play into the whole for sure.