Here Is My 1973 Sears St10/custom

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 speakerman320 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 29230
  • 54 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 10:44 AM

Hello this was my second Sears tractor.It was listed on ebay local.The guy said that it had a rebuild carb and new battery,He was asking $400.00.I went to look at it.When I tride test drive it woulded keep running.I tryed to ajust the carb but it just wasn,t wright.After a few hours and the guys wife calling him to supper,He ask me what I would pay to take it off his hands.I told him 200.00 he help me push it on the truck.It wasn,t realy bad just needed some love.

I put the carb in a can of carb cleaner and let it soak for a day.Then replaced the O rings and gasket.That was after blowing it out with the air copresser and washing it again with spray cab cleaner.That was good it ran like a top on first run.Then found out that it wasn,t charging the battery.That when I check the AC voltage from the engine it was good.I had to order a new voltage regulator then that was fixed.I found a 3 point hitch to put on it.And plowed a little with it.I put wider tires on the back and painted the rim to start and just cleaned the rest up.It was good but I just had to go ahead a stip it down and repaint it,I am going to post the pic as it came to be.

First Pic as it was on ebay.

Second pic after I worked on it some

Third pic as I was painting it not the wright yellow but being that I use spary paint I went with colors I like.

4 pic was from show

New Destone 23x10.50 on the rear and 4.00x8 tri ribs on the fronts.New black pan seat TSC

Also a photo of the 3 point receiver hitch draw bar for pulling trailers around.It run and drive great it seem to be a little faster than the older Sears suburbans but it is a custom but still has the hi lo trans.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3kb3m13o95Q45P45S5a5398d4e19838811001.jpg
  • robbinspix 131.jpg
  • robbinspix 294.jpg
  • IMG_0630.JPG
  • IMG_1304.JPG
  • robbinspix 329.jpg

• MH81, IamSherwood, Titus and 3 others have said thanks

#2 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 09:21 PM

You like to do a little customizing on your restores, don't you.  I like the pinstripes on the frnders.  Kinda like the baby moons on that other tractor.  Looks GOOD!

#3 sacsr OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,253 Thanks
  • 3,279 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 06:00 AM

Looking good! I like the rear hitch design.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,701 Thanks
  • 28,342 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 07:52 AM

Neat " custom Custom" :D
The three point adapter looks a little like a sleeve hitch adapter in concept. :thumbs: