• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 stanl14 OFFLINE  

stanl14
  • Member No: 48160
  • 7 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 02:58 AM

first of all ,,thank you for taking the time to help me out ,,i am in the process of restoring a model # 917.57597,, super 3,, i have been online and found manuals for DB but so far i can not find the info i need for the "friction blocks" and the "pawl lock" mechanism,,cant for the life of me figure out what in the world the friction thing is all about,,this model does have reverse and speed control..also,the friction blocks are not complete, the little plastic (convex) things that are held in place by the spring are missing(i have four) need four more  for the other side. is there some place that i can go to for parts?? and an owners and parts manual, again the manuals that i have found so far make no mentioon of these critical parts or how they work,,thanks for listening,,maybe there is somebody out there that worked on these things all time and knows just exactally what i need to know,,,stanl14

• Texas Deere and Horse, Dieselcubmike and JRJ have said thanks

#2 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,627 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 05:25 AM

Welcome to GTTalk  Stan ,  even though I had 3 DB too Ive hadn;t have them long enough to have to work on the hubs , there are some very sharp DB guys that I'm sure will come a long with the right answers

• JRJ and stanl14 have said thanks

#3 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 06:33 AM

:welcometogttalk:

• stanl14 said thank you

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 07:33 AM

Welcome to GTT. Relax and enjoy the site. Did you check our Manuals Section? 3 free downloads per day. Good Luck, Rick

• stanl14 said thank you

#5 stanl14 OFFLINE  

stanl14
  • 7 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 08:36 AM

well i am new to this site,,did look in "walk behinds" didnt see anything there,,am i missing something?   David Bradley 917.57597,super three,,,,,,,thanks,,,,stanl14

• JRJ said thank you

#6 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 10:15 AM

Try this http://gardentractor...-david-bradley/ , You may have to get the info from several manuals of similar models. If you become a "Supporter" its unlimited downloads. Please include some pics so that we all may learn. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, October 11, 2013 - 10:16 AM.

• stanl14 said thank you

#7 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 03:04 PM

Hello there and welcome!

• stanl14 said thank you

#8 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 05:06 PM

Stan, Welcome to GTtalk. There are a couple guys that will be on later this evening that can tell you everything you want to know about these cool 2 wheelers. Hang around and I'm sure you'll get your info!!

• stanl14 said thank you

#9 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 08:59 PM

you need to go here  http://amigatec.net/...adley/#tractors   and pick out the type of reverser unit that one your tractor. Without seeing it it could be any one a 3 or 4.  Reverse is an option on most tractor, and is listed under the attachment sections of the site.

• stanl14 said thank you

#10 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 04:05 AM

This gentleman makes the shoes for them

pmbrown141@ameritech.net

And, here's a video on how they work.

• stanl14 said thank you

#11 stanl14 OFFLINE  

stanl14
  • 7 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 11:41 PM

well thank you so much vstrom for the video you posted,,i do understand the workings of the pawl but didnt and still dont understand the purpose of the little (sheet metal latch) on the backside,,i mean ,i do understand what it does,(locks the pins in that position),but do i have to reach down there and rotate it before i can engage reverse..i do need the variable shiv for my speed control,,so would like to know what you want for it,,also sent an email to pmbrown about the friction pads as i only have enough for one side(four) so i need four more,,so just in case he doesnt reply ,do have any of these available??  i have the same"55" DB Deluxe Super Three as you,,just remembered i need the (bar) that attaches to the handle to support all the various things that you can attach,,and i did watch your other videos,,i think you have a garden just so you can go play,,dont we all??? ,,,,,,,stanl14,,,,,,ps i will be posting some pics soon

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#12 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 04:29 AM

I can't take credit for the excellent videos. They belong to another gentleman, I just thought they'd be helpful to you. But, I do have some vids posted on you tube with VSTROM803 user name. I have a 917.575104 Super 3 also but it is waiting on the side needing a few parts as yours is. I also need the the blocks for the reverse.

It sounds like you may have something missing that engages the reverse. There should be a plate mounted on each side of the trans-axle with a 1/4" round rod sticking out. This rod goes into a slot on the back side of the hub to to hold one pawl down so that the other can catch and rotate the hub backwards.

On the variable sheave, they are difficult to find. The hangers for the attachments show up on ebay pretty often.

• stanl14 said thank you