My Sears Suburbans And St1O Custom

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 speakerman320 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 29230
  • 54 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hello I started restoring Sears tractors about 5 Years ago.My first was my 1966 Sears Suburban 10. I worked on it for seven months before it was done the first time. I went to my first show in May of that year. I made a few changes to the tractor after a few shows and more money spent. It was a rust bucket and the guy that had it had changed the engine,Or at least he tried. Anyway The good thing was he had the paper work and manuals for the tractor.
The first photo is kinda what it looked like when I brought home. The Second one was 7 month later. First done. Then I add more to it a few things at a time. The 4th photo is it at a show also with my front snow plow and rear scraper blade and also took my turning plow and disc to show as well. Hope that you guys like it.
The gas tank had some pin holes that leaked gas, That is when I had the stainless steel tank made for the tractor, never rust again. I also put on the electric fuel pump and regulator and gas pressure gauge to make sure there was just right fuel pressure. And put on a brand new Lawson carb, yes brand new.
The hub caps I got from the cub cadet Dealer the don,t have anything stanped in to them, Just plain babymoons as I like to call them. It took me a while to break down and buy those at $175.00 for the Set of 4 was a big chunk of money. But I love them now and many people like and ask about them at the show. Anyway That my first tractor and second post in here.

Attached Thumbnails

• Oct05#16.jpg
  • Mar24-01.jpg
  • My First Baby 1966 Sears Suburban 10 with Stanless Steel Tank.jpg
  • IMG_0217.JPG

• MH81, boyscout862, robert_p43 and 3 others have said thanks

#2 speakerman320 OFFLINE  

• 54 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 09:47 PM

Left out the St10 But will do it along with my other tratctor

Edited by speakerman320, October 10, 2013 - 09:47 PM.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,662 Thanks
  • 28,314 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 11:38 PM

Now that is a pretty '66 10. The Hubcaps are nice, they really make the wheels shine. Shiny exhaust too.

You obviously have taken a lot of time on the prep and finish of the tractor and the attachments. Thanks for sharing them with us.

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,602 Thanks
  • 38,985 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 05:48 AM

Another nice tractor you have there, speakerman! I like that one!

#5 superaben OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 06:20 AM

That is one sharp machine.  :thumbs:

Ben W.

#6 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 08:03 AM

Those baby moons sure make a difference!

#7 Sawdust OFFLINE  

• Member No: 36549
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 2,827 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 10:36 AM

That is one good looking GT. I bet that gas tank really gets the attention when you pop the hood. The Baby Moons are a nice touch.

#8 speakerman320 OFFLINE  

• 54 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 12:56 PM

Yes the tank I love it and my buddy with the tig welder made it for me at work.The old tank had the smallest holes could not see them.I tried jb weld and that would not work more than a week and after havine to take every thing apart to fix it my friend said he could make.He a good buddy and only charged me $20.oo.I did the polishing my self.It took about 3 hours but it does catch the eyes of many at the shows.Most think it a pulling tractors.And then there the guys that say I have or had one that is the same but it don,t look as good as mine.Thats what showing is about.I love it then you got the mama,s that want to put there kids on it for a pic.It o.k. if the ask.Some time there are the kids that just jump on it.That a easy fix I just crank the engine there ready to get of then.Lol