Jump to content

Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay



Photo
- - - - -

Old Allis blade meets newer Allis


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

  • Senior Member
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts
  • Location: Mainitoba Canada

Posted December 09, 2010 - 05:34 PM

I have had this old allis blade from a BEE 12 that I used to own. Seeing I have this newer Allis 716H now I wanted to install it for use on this tractor.I tried putting it on and sure enough the mounting points on the axle were good.The problem was with the lift arm linkage.I had to cut it off the frame and reposition it.I had to make it more of a up and down angle[actually tipping a bit ahead of 90 degree's.The reason was that when trying to raise the blade,the linkage would hit the front of the tractor.I had to also shift it sideways about 2" away from the tractor.I welded it all back together and it's good to go.I also had to make a different arm that holds the blade angling rod as well.I even got to try it out plowing the driveway today.Come warmer weather it'll get a fresh coat of zesty orange paint.Larry:D

Attached Thumbnails

  • allis winter project 039 (Small).jpg
  • blade install 004 (Small).jpg
  • blade install 007 (Small).jpg
  • blade install 009 (Small).jpg
  • blade install 011 (Small).jpg


#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

    Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

  • Senior Member
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts
  • Location: Edinburg, PA

Posted December 09, 2010 - 09:22 PM

Nice work on the re-purpose Larry! That looks like a stout blade...It'd be a shame to let it lay fallow. That's an interesting release for the positioning dogs. It looks like that one lever is both the release and the positioner?

#3 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

  • Senior Member
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts
  • Location: Mainitoba Canada

Posted December 10, 2010 - 09:02 AM

That's an interesting release for the positioning dogs. It looks like that one lever is both the release and the positioner?


Your right about it being a stout blade,also that lever does work for changing the blade angle there's 5 different postions.The other nice thing is you push or pull on the lever and you change the postion[angle] of the blade without having to get off the tractor,works really nice.Larry

Edited by MH81, December 19, 2010 - 11:24 AM.


#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

    Accumulator

  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts
  • Location: Upper Granville, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted December 19, 2010 - 07:34 AM

That's nice work ,glad you were able to re-use the blade Larry.

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

    Proud to be Deplorable

  • Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts
  • Location: N. W. PA

Posted December 19, 2010 - 11:28 AM

Larry, really nice rebuild. And if you get another BEE, you can undo what you did... may not even need too, looks like it may work with either one now.

#6 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

  • Senior Member
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts
  • Location: Mainitoba Canada

Posted December 19, 2010 - 02:55 PM

Larry, really nice rebuild. And if you get another BEE, you can undo what you did... may not even need too, looks like it may work with either one now.


Your right it'll work on either one now.Larry

#7 RailmanB110 OFFLINE  

RailmanB110

    Member

  • Member
  • Member No: 1725
  • 21 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted January 24, 2011 - 09:06 AM

Larry, Nice job!

I have the same blade on my B110. It's very easy to change angles on the fly, the trip springs work smoothly... is built like a tank, but only where it needs to be. It is better built than my JD 54" on myJD318. It is also very robust where it needs to be. After 5 winters of heavy use, I'm more impressed each time I use it. I did redo the angle control rod to length, & twist angle to fit my own reach.
Recently I've noticed that my strong arm mechanism (me) seems to be loosing some capacity! :rolleyes:I have so far added two springs to aid the lift, but eventually I'm going to add a gas spring to get the maximum effect I'm after. It will reduce the down pressure on the blade by about 40#, & add the blade weight to the front wheels, which is benificial when doing a big push. The one I currently have is about a 250# unit, & plan on adding under the engine. I will post the mod when I get to doing the fix. I can't see a major down side to doing this. The advantage of being gas powered is that they are almost linear in pressure throuout the travel. Springs are kinda backwards.
Joe




Top