Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nice Sears Ss-12.. Sorta.? Ri/ Cl.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 10:09 PM

sears ss-12 garden dream tractor - $100 (west greenwich)

ss12.jpg

"... soda blasted this tractor, primed repainted and put 15 coats of clear coat..."

The beauty is in the details but this might be exactly what somebody could use, for the price... :D

http://providence.cr...4117289977.html

Edited by Newpaws493, October 08, 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#2 Titus ONLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,732 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Saw this about 5 minutes after he posted it, and sent a message. He's in my fire district & I like the other GTs I see. I hope they write me back.

#3 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 11:27 PM

That is a ST10 not a SS12 and it is a SCAM. That tractor belongs to a friend of mine who is a mod on my facebook tractor group.I just PM'ed him to be sure and he confirmed and is p!ssed ! DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM.

#4 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 12:15 AM

I also recognize this as my friends Sears. His other one is right next to it. It's def a scam!!!

#5 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,368 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 12:27 AM

James is trying to get signed in or signed up now. I think that he intends to post in this thread.

#6 speakerman320 OFFLINE  

speakerman320
  • Member No: 29230
  • 54 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 12:35 AM

Hello I realy don,t like you using my photo of my 1973 Sears S10."This tractor is out side locked up in my trailer.I live in Elkin North Carolina.It is very wrong of you to be using a photo of my hard work time money and labor that I put into this tractor.And try to scam others into thinking you have something nice and it a good deal.I think that you should be band from the GT Talk and every other tractor group that your in,You could have at least knew what kind of tractor it was and it sure is not a 1966 Sears SS 12 There wasn,t evn a Sears SS 12 Made in 1966 your dumb as mude and a very bad person for tring to trick good hard working people out of there money.I hope that you get charged with some crime if not many.I wish I were closer I could pay you a visit,IMG6221.jpg IMG_0630.JPG

Now that is my tractor and stop using my photos

#7 speakerman320 OFFLINE  

speakerman320
  • 54 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 12:38 AM

Thanks rustyoldjunk for letting me know about this scamer.

#8 speakerman320 OFFLINE  

speakerman320
  • 54 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 12:41 AM

Thanks mowinman2 for your help also at least this clown pick a good pic.

#9 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 04:06 AM

Still a good deal for $100.. :poke:

#10 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 06:12 AM

Hello I realy don,t like you using my photo of my 1973 Sears S10."This tractor is out side locked up in my trailer.I live in Elkin North Carolina.It is very wrong of you to be using a photo of my hard work time money and labor that I put into this tractor.And try to scam others into thinking you have something nice and it a good deal.I think that you should be band from the GT Talk and every other tractor group that your in,You could have at least knew what kind of tractor it was and it sure is not a 1966 Sears SS 12 There wasn,t evn a Sears SS 12 Made in 1966 your dumb as mude and a very bad person for tring to trick good hard working people out of there money.I hope that you get charged with some crime if not many.I wish I were closer I could pay you a visit,

I understand how you could be angry, BUT this would be 'a don't shoot the messenger moment'. I saw this posted in my local CL area and shared it here on this forum as many other members do. Having no idea what the origin of the pics or person attempting a scam. Your feelings could be misdirected is all I'm sayin and I also thank your friends for alerting all of us!  Thanks.

Edited by Newpaws493, October 09, 2013 - 06:26 AM.

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 06:34 AM

I understand how you could be angry, BUT this would be 'a don't shoot the messenger moment'. I saw this posted in my local CL area and shared it here on this forum as many other members do. Having no idea what the origin of the pics or person attempting a scam. Your feelings could be misdirected is all I'm sayin and I also thank your friends for alerting all of us!  Thanks.

Glad you folks could find out this was a scam. I flagged the CL ad!

Hello I realy don,t like you using my photo of my 1973 Sears S10."This tractor is out side locked up in my trailer.I live in Elkin North Carolina.It is very wrong of you to be using a photo of my hard work time money and labor that I put into this tractor.And try to scam others into thinking you have something nice and it a good deal.I think that you should be band from the GT Talk and every other tractor group that your in,You could have at least knew what kind of tractor it was and it sure is not a 1966 Sears SS 12 There wasn,t evn a Sears SS 12 Made in 1966 your dumb as mude and a very bad person for tring to trick good hard working people out of there money.I hope that you get charged with some crime if not many.I wish I were closer I could pay you a visit,attachicon.gifIMG6221.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0630.JPG

Newpaws had no idea it was your tractor, so I see no need to carry this any further. I'm glad you came on board to clear this up so someone didn't get burned.

#12 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,616 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 07:02 AM

That is a ST10 not a SS12 and it is a SCAM. That tractor belongs to a friend of mine who is a mod on my facebook tractor group.I just PM'ed him to be sure and he confirmed and is p!ssed ! DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM.

I also recognize this as my friends Sears. His other one is right next to it. It's def a scam!!!

James is trying to get signed in or signed up now. I think that he intends to post in this thread.

Hello I realy don,t like you using my photo of my 1973 Sears S10."This tractor is out side locked up in my trailer.I live in Elkin North Carolina.It is very wrong of you to be using a photo of my hard work time money and labor that I put into this tractor.And try to scam others into thinking you have something nice and it a good deal.I think that you should be band from the GT Talk and every other tractor group that your in,You could have at least knew what kind of tractor it was and it sure is not a 1966 Sears SS 12 There wasn,t evn a Sears SS 12 Made in 1966 your dumb as mude and a very bad person for tring to trick good hard working people out of there money.I hope that you get charged with some crime if not many.I wish I were closer I could pay you a visit,attachicon.gifIMG6221.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0630.JPG

Rusyoldjunk, mowinman,I really think you guys need to make sure that James knows that the OP was just linking a Craigslist Ad. I've read his response twice and am pretty convinced he may think one of our members was trying to sell his tractor HERE.

The scammer is somewhere out there in CL land, assumedly not a member of GTTalk.

As for you Speakerman, :welcome: to GTTalk. I wish it was under different circumstances and I too wish this scamming scumbag many ill wishes. Nice looking tractor BTW.

Newpaws, I'm sure James was just angry at the jerk doing this and thought the jerk was you, I'm also sure his friends will let him know you are not the bad guy here.

One upside to all this, I got to look at a really nice Sears with a really nice paint job.

BTW, the ad is still up, I took a pic of it and then clicked report.image.jpg

#13 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 07:15 AM

Yes speakerman, Welcome and hopefully this all actually helps to stop this guy and save others grief. Also hope Titus isn't already a victim

Edited by Newpaws493, October 09, 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#14 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 07:20 AM

Saw this about 5 minutes after he posted it, and sent a message. He's in my fire district & I like the other GTs I see. I hope they write me back.

#15 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted October 09, 2013 - 07:48 AM

I have been using CL for many years but recently it is getting weird & dangerous. My son was looking for his first truck a few years ago & I was amazed at the deals & scams. One guy told me he was in Afghanistan & was sending his friend with a Paypal agent to assure our deal was legit. I had inquires on an item that I responded to & I started getting dozens of pics from scantly dressed teenagers wanting me to meet them. It is definitely something to be careful about especially if you actually meet with someone.