63 Cub 70

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jpegram OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8600
  • 60 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 02:27 PM

What do you guys think of this deal?  $400 seems a little high for a non running tractor but it does have a blade and plow.

• JRJ said thank you

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,333 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 02:50 PM

The tractor itself looks pretty sad and without any accessories is not worth the price.  However the asking price is about what the snow blade, brinley plow, 3point and sleeve hitch adapter are worth.  So you would be buying them and getting the tractor for free.

• bigspoon, jpegram and JRJ have said thanks

#3 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,040 Thanks
  • 4,971 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 09:42 AM

I agree with the above.

I would probably be on the neighborhood of 100-200 on the tractor depending on how bad I wanted it.

Snow Plows can be had for 75 to 150.

The plow, and the other stuff I'm not sure of.

As long as its not locked up, or a major internal failure it can't be too non-running.  I bet a fellow with some spare parts, and some fresh gas could have the running like a top in 30 minutes or less.

Those Kohlers are tanks. 

#4 johncub7172 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 35779
  • 12 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 06:06 PM

Hello! Being of the first model year for this series garden tractor catches my eye, if you note the tractor also has the large battery box. What is sad to me is that some one cut the frame so one could excess the drive shaft input coupling. However, that could be repaired good as new. Not to mention a few unneeded holes in the hood. The steering wheel is quite cracked, and the tires would need replaced.  The Kohler K161 is uncertain to run. From a collector's point of view, I would be interested in buying this garden tractor to restore to IH Cub Cadet model 70 glory. I guess with the push blade, plow, and the rear lift, the offer seems like a good deal, but I would politely ask if 400.00 was the least amount he would settle for.

Of course, when you ask if a tractor is a good deal or not, you should also voice your opinion of what you would like to do with such a garden tractor in the first place. So, is it worth the price to you? Keep in mind the work that will be required to re-coop the money spent for the package deal if you were to sell the implements, too. Perhaps the owner would budge, a little on the price!

#5 dxman OFFLINE  

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 39591
  • 31 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted October 22, 2013 - 08:54 AM

That is a bit high priced.