• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 09:26 AM

I have to laugh cause you ask other addicts to help you get over your addiction....hahah,....  I just say that in jest.  :D  

:rolling:   Marty, you make a good case there!  :rolling:

As Brian from Texas said, if you could store them to where you don't see them every time you walk out the door, it would help.  But I too have become overwhelmed recently, and I have let a few go that were not as true to my heart as the others.  BUT, if you take your time in selling them, and find GOOD homes for them, then you'll likely never feel bad for letting them go.  I sold my Massey 1010 SCUT to a true Massey family that will use it instead of sit 99.5% of the time.  I sold my Unico 15 to Doug in Canada, so it too will finally get used & has a great owner.  I sold the Jake Chief to Brian's Dad, so it too has a good home.  No regrets, and I thought I'd never be able to sell a single one.  I have one or 2 more I'm gonna let go when I stumble on the new "right owner".  It has already helped ease my "tractor tension" a lot, also paid some bills, and paid for a lot of GT parts so I can finish other projects.  I will keep ALL my true loves, which are my Bush Hogs these days.  I am down to 2 Massey's, and may even let one or both go some day, but not worried about selling them at all at this time.  

So don't liquidate & start over, but rather choose a couple that don't tug on your heart strings so much.  Sell them, then see how you feel.  You might be amazed how it will likely actually feel good.  Be selective of the buyer if it helps.  Once you sell one or 2, then you may find it's the answer to sell a few more even.  This is coming from a GT addict that is learning "some" control these days, and it do feel good!

• KennyP, Littledeere, sacsr and 2 others have said thanks

#17 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,679 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 12:34 PM

Yep, you are part of the madness. I have to laugh cause you ask other addicts to help you get over your addiction....hahah,....

I've suspected for sometime now that this forum is really group therapy. A smart man would figure out a way to write this off on his taxes as a medical expense.

But I too have become overwhelmed recently, and I have let a few go that were not as true to my heart as the others.

Is it really true that you sold off a few cattle to make room for more GTs? I wouldn't believe it, but that's what 'they' said.

• Littledeere and TAHOE have said thanks

#18 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 04:01 PM

I've suspected for sometime now that this forum is really group therapy. A smart man would figure out a way to write this off on his taxes as a medical expense.

Is it really true that you sold off a few cattle to make room for more GTs? I wouldn't believe it, but that's what 'they' said.

I'm bringing that up with my tax lady!  And the idea to make room is a good one....makes room AND cash to buy more!  :rolling:

• KennyP and Littledeere have said thanks