• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher
  • Member No: 2755
  • 612 Thanks
  • 670 posts

Posted October 06, 2013 - 09:47 PM

Thought I would show you the next aqusition I'm working on getting.  Come back from lunch this was ready to be chewed up by our 350 shear as soon as fluids were draind. Talked to owner abought it work out a deal on it . My son and I worked on it during break times this weekend pony moior needs work on carb won't stay running . Pull started it abought 15 feet fired right up no rattles no smoke all controls work undercarage of 4000hr machine. I've never seen blade like this it has adjustable skid pads for snow removel. Heres some photos.

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_0173.JPG
  • SAM_0174.JPG
  • SAM_0175.JPG

• olcowhand, Alc, wvbuzzmaster and 9 others have said thanks

#2 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 5,004 Thanks
  • 5,347 posts

Posted October 06, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Neat little crawler. I really like those small cats.

Don't know what your planning for it but I'd be careful about using it for snow removal. If you are operating it near the freezing point water will get into the pins and bushings on the track. When you shut down the water will freeze the track solid. Also as the water freezes it expands and can damage the bushings. Otherwise have fun. :thumbs:

• gopher said thank you

#3 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,634 Thanks
  • 1,672 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 05:20 AM

OOOOOOOO thats nice. I always wanted a dozer. Great score.

• gopher said thank you

#4 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,069 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 06:56 AM

Neat little crawler. I really like those small cats.

Don't know what your planning for it but I'd be careful about using it for snow removal. If you are operating it near the freezing point water will get into the pins and bushings on the track. When you shut down the water will freeze the track solid. Also as the water freezes it expands and can damage the bushings. Otherwise have fun. :thumbs:

I am not saying that you are wrong but I have been around equipment all my life and have had 6 small dozers myself and have operated large dozers on strip jobs in the winter and have never heard of this happening or heard of it happening to anyone else.

With any amount of use,you are going to have water on the tracks as the metal to metal contact creates heat and melts snow.Frozen water will not stop tracks from turning,it's the frozen dirt and mud and the tracks pads being frozen to the ground that stops the tracks.

You can have a problem in the snow with solid tracks when snow starts packing between the chains and sprockets and tightening up the tracks but this dozer has snow tracks with holes in the pads for the snow to pass through.

• gopher, Cvans and Leonard VanCamp have said thanks

#5 Guest_gravely-power_*

Guest_gravely-power_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted October 07, 2013 - 07:04 AM

I am not saying that you are wrong but I have been around equipment all my life and have had 6 small dozers myself and have operated large dozers on strip jobs in the winter and have never heard of this happening or heard of it happening to anyone else.

With any amount of use,you are going to have water on the tracks as the metal to metal contact creates heat and melts snow.Frozen water will not stop tracks from turning,it's the frozen dirt and mud and the tracks pads being frozen to the ground that stops the tracks.

You can have a problem in the snow with solid tracks when snow starts packing between the chains and sprockets and tightening up the tracks but this dozer has snow tracks with holes in the pads for the snow to pass through.

Ditto. Operated heavy equipment all my life in New England and never had a problem.

• gopher and Cvans have said thanks

#6 Grumpy OFFLINE  

Grumpy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 440
  • 666 Thanks
  • 595 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 04:00 PM

I know a guy that has two of them for sale in Evansville IN.

• gopher said thank you

#7 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 36,806 Thanks
  • 30,141 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 04:29 PM

Nice save!  That machine is pretty doggone straight! 

• gopher said thank you

#8 drbish OFFLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,301 Thanks
  • 1,221 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 04:45 PM

I do not have the Tractor but i do have the operation and maintenance instructions manual if you need any thing. 

Ca tDd2 Tractor.JPG

• KennyP and gopher have said thanks

#9 superaben ONLINE  

superaben

Con Man

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,665 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 05:20 PM

That is a great garden tractor rescue machine.  It should be able to drag just about anything out of a run down shed with four flat tires.

Ben W.

• gopher said thank you

#10 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 5,004 Thanks
  • 5,347 posts

Posted October 07, 2013 - 07:57 PM

I have no experience with this myself. I met an old gentleman  that used to build roads years ago. One winter he got the idea to help the county or state with snow removal to keep his crew working. He told me that this idea just about busted him. The reason he said was while working the crawlers everything was fine. At night it would get well below zero and slush would freeze the tracks solid. He said that by the time they figured out how to deal with this they had just about ruined the tracks on his crawlers. 

As I remember it he said they started tarping the tracks at night and burning fuel oil burners to keep the tracks warm. I guess once you started moving again all was well. 

I'm glad you felt free to question this as I'm open to learning something about this and would like to know if this could really happen. This gentleman didn't effect me as one that would try and pulling my leg. Your thoughts are appreciated.

• KennyP said thank you

#11 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 28,446 Thanks
  • 29,126 posts

Posted October 08, 2013 - 12:34 AM

Beautiful save on that one. That has many many hours of usefulness left in it.
If it werent for. You, it'd be brake rotors by now.
  • GTTinkerer and gopher have said thanks

#12 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted October 17, 2013 - 10:15 PM

Thats nice !! we just got a john deere 440 crawler loader with a detroit it just a smidge bigger i think

• gopher said thank you

#13 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher
  • Member No: 2755
  • 612 Thanks
  • 670 posts

Posted October 17, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Thats nice !! we just got a john deere 440 crawler loader with a detroit it just a smidge bigger i think

Not sure with the 6 1/2 foot blade it weighs in at 8520 lbs

#14 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 09:58 AM

Yea there the same then ours it like 10500 with loader and counterweights

#15 Buddy OFFLINE  

Buddy
  • Member No: 45481