FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted December 08, 2010 - 05:15 PM

Hey guys, has anyone bought replacement bushings for the hydro arm where it passes through the dash tower? Mine are quite worn and they cracked in removal so I want to replace them. Can these still be bought at the dealer?

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted December 08, 2010 - 05:51 PM

Hey guys, has anyone bought replacement bushings for the hydro arm where it passes through the dash tower? Mine are quite worn and they cracked in removal so I want to replace them. Can these still be bought at the dealer?

According to Jacks Small Engines, they are available, and cheap too.
Jacks Small Engines Search

#3 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted December 08, 2010 - 10:59 PM

OCH... you are the man! I forgot about them...

So armed with the link above and a list that I took off the AGCO web site, I ran a whole bunch of numbers to see if some parts were still sold. Below is a list in case anyone might need these parts, or did not know how cheap some of them were! (Oddly, all the pivot point bushings were way over priced...)

12H drive belt (514891M1) $26.38 / $17.90 (they have two brands)
Idle Pulley (511627M1) $19.11
Hydro Fan Blade (514768M1) $11.29
Hose - hydro tank to axle (520963M1) $1.87
Hydro lever bushing @ dash (514744M1) $1.42
Hydro lever knob (514882M1) $3.88
Hydro lever bracket to brake (514376M91) $2.35 <- This is that bracket that tosses it into N when the brake is pressed.
Special "C" clips that Massey uses (511216M1) $.29 <- They have a few sizes...
Lift handle spring (511034M1) $.36
Lift handle washer (365321X1 $2.18
Steering column dust shield (521143M1) $4.74 <-Foam seal below steering wheel... expensive part!
Steering column bushing (521144M1) $9.11

Anyway, I thought I would share the price with you all... Some parts are cheap, like that bracket that seems to always be bent... For $2.35 I will be replacing it! Too bad the roller that is frozen on mine is not sold..

#4 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 07:45 AM

How did you get prices on AGCO? I can get the part numbers but I cant get to the pricing side of it.

#5 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 09:12 AM

I took the AGCO photos to see what parts and part numbers I needed, and then entered the part number into Jack's Small Engine's web site to see if they were still sold, and that will give you the price. Some parts were not available, like the roller wheel on the bracket that kicks the hydro into "N" when the brake is pressed, but it shows the bracket that bends IS still sold. Other things like SSI units, seat pads, cowl panels, etc.. are not stocked.

Some times its the little things that are so cheap they are almost free, like the clips or the spring on the lift handle that make life easy when doing a rebuild like this. I am going to look closer at the clips, and I may buy a bunch to keep in stock. The Massey "C" clips are kinda unique in style.