Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Does anyone have any experience with "Mr. Funnel"??

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 04:12 PM

Home

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 04:24 PM

I have been using a funnel very much like that for 30 years or more. It works great for filtering out dirt and water from your gas or diesel.I know you are asking about Mr. Funnel,no I have no experience with that brand,but I'm sure it works good.
  • nra1ifer said thank you

#3 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 04:33 PM

I have been using a funnel very much like that for 30 years or more. It works great for filtering out dirt and water from your gas or diesel.I know you are asking about Mr. Funnel,no I have no experience with that brand,but I'm sure it works good.

Thanks for the comment. I guess I should have asked, "or similar products." Looks like a good thing to have.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 06:55 PM

I haven't ever used a similar product or the Mr. Funnel but it does sound like a good idea. I got a kick of the guy kicking his lawnmower.

#5 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 07:48 PM

Home

I do not have any experience with those. I did take a peek at the price though. MSRP for the #3 is $30! but if you buy it online it's only $18 and some change (+shipping of course). It seems a little steep for my tastes, but then I was 17 years old the last time I got a tank of bad gas. I guess it's a cheap insurance policy considering that most fuels are "laced" with ethanol these days. (ethanol is hygroscopic don't ya know)

#6 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 11:10 PM

It looks like a decent product to me. Thanks for the cost figures, as I was wondering. For twenty bucks, I might try it.

#7 Ranchkingron OFFLINE  

Ranchkingron

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1613
  • 28 Thanks
  • 183 posts

Posted December 08, 2010 - 02:10 AM

Never tried it but can it really be that easy ?

Are there filter cartridges you have to replace and how much are they, and I wonder if it's that easy to get moisture out of your fuel why hasn't Blitz or one of the gas can makers come out with one built into the can ? It wouldn't cut into their sales any but sure would make theirs look better than the competitors fuel can.

Also with the new EPA 15% ethanol requirement why hasn't the filter market jumped on this technology ?

Sorry I guess I'm a skeptic or It may have something to do with the voice-over guy he sure sounds like the one who used to do the pocket fisherman commercials, and we all know where that end up.

But if it's proven to work you bet Ill buy several.

Ron