Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Minneapolis Moline 114 Look

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 VintageIronCollector ONLINE  

VintageIronCollector

Immersed in Tractors

• Member No: 33118
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 1,768 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 02:56 PM

Check this out http://allentown.cra...4058704763.html

Minneapolis Moline 114 Hydro Garden Tractor - $3500 (Quakertown)
Minneapolis Moline 114 Hydrostatic garden Tractor, 14HP Kohler single cylinder air-cooled engine, Working headlights, Working Electric Lift, Turf tires, 42-inch wide mower deck, 42-inch wide snow/dozer angle blade, 36-inch wide single stage snowblower.

This is one of the nicest, Minneapolis Moline 114 out there. The Tractor is completely original, paint, tires, sheet metal, engine, transmission, electrical, and seat. The tractor starts right up, and runs perfect, No knocking, No odd noises. The engine is still powerful, and does not take any oil. The Transmission is still strong, and works properly, No noises, No grinding, it will climb any hill you want to, as well as push and pull without hesitation. The paint is the original Prairie Gold, and Cream, No touch ups. Has the normal nicks, and scratches you would expect from an extremely well cared for 40+ year old tractor. This is quite the collectors piece to add to your collection.

The Mower deck is a 42 inch cut, Three blade rotary mower, Belt driven. This is a Cast Aluminum Deck Housing, and is not cracked. Every other one I have seen is cracked at the gauge wheels, or brackets, as they are somewhat fragile. The deck is complete with both cast aluminum shields, as well as all idlers, pulleys, and spring tensioners. the paint on the deck is original, and is worn off the edges, as it should be, revealing the silvery Cast aluminum below. Since the deck is Aluminum it is virtually rust free. I never ran the mower deck on the tractor, however the bearings, seem free, and loose. I wouldn't suggest owing with the deck though, as it is too nice, to risk hitting a stone and cracking the aluminum.

The 42 inch wide snow plow is also in good condition. The wear edge is intact, but worn down a little. The paint is again original, and would shine up nice with a little wash and wax. I have used the blade on the tractor, and it pushes 8 inches of snow like nothing. the 3 position angle left, angle right, center blade is perfect.

The 36 inch blower is a single stage unit, belt/chain driven. The paint is original, but it looks as if someone primed where the auger, meets the cylinder with red farm primer. I have all the brackets, with lower stabilizing push bar, and blower chute rotation shaft. The shaft rotates from the tractor seat. i ran the blower once in 14 inches of snow and it worked flawlessly, No Grinding, No vibration. Everything works as it should.

This is an excellent original tractor, with attachments, and is quite rare. They did not make many Minneapolis Moline garden Tractors. Jacobsen produced the tractors for Moline, and painted the gold and cream, they also made ones for Ford, Oliver, and Cockshutt. These Minneapolis Molines are hard to find, and in this condition are virtually impossible to locate. Don't miss your chance to own an amazing tractor, perfect for display at shows, in a parade, and in a collection. I bought this tractor a few years ago, and just don't get much use out of it as I don't go to shows, I don't run it much. I want it to go to someone who appreciates it's uniqueness, and will keep it inside for future use, and preservation.

Call or Text with questions
267-374-3168

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 05:55 PM

I'll keep my $3500!

#3 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 07:28 PM

I think i'll keep mine too.  Also this really should be moved to the for sale area.

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 07:42 PM

He's been workin on selling that for a while.  I think it was $3900 last time I saw it.  Sharp...super scarce. 

I stumbled on one this past weekend, and thought of this one.  Fella was mowing his side yard with it, at a place where we stopped for pumpkins and a hayride.  We got to chatting (I wanted to steal it from the poor guy, right in front of my wife and kid), and we walk into his barn where he had a gorgeous Oliver variety, and probably 80-100 pedal tractors.

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,603 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 07:53 PM

That's a nice one, but too rich for my poor blood!

#6 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 08:41 PM

That's a nice package, and probably worth a good bit, but... wow.  I guess I probably wouldn't pay that, even though I would love to own the tractor.

Ben W.

#7 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 09:36 PM

I bought a lgt145 from a guy last sunday that would have given his eye teeth for that rig.

He has a brand new $13000 JD setup that he hates because it doesn't work like his old GT.

He's actually going after JD to return it.

I told him about a few good old 165s I knew about. That rig would have made him happy, and he'd have probably paid the dollar too.

Edited by Chopperhed, October 02, 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#8 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 10:03 PM

Just got back from the hospital after I seen this post :(

In all seriousness there's no way Id ever pay that :deadhorse:

#9 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,321 Thanks
  • 2,415 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 10:47 PM

I think i'll keep mine too.  Also this really should be moved to the for sale area.

unless the seller is a member and he is trying to sell it here on GTtalk isn't this post where it should be, in craigs posts?

#10 HALFSCALE OFFLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:48 AM

It's sold twice on ebay for around 2200 bucks . They better take the money and run !                                                                      times aren't getting any better

#11 yousesteers OFFLINE  

yousesteers
  • Member No: 43831
  • 18 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted October 03, 2013 - 07:58 PM

AND I thought I gave to much for my 114 that is all original when I paid a $1000 for it course it only has a mower deck but I got the other attachments.