After I finished my cultivator, I started my tool bar. It will serve as a ripper, furrower/potato digger, hiller, "funny" disc (pics will explain better than words), and probably something I haven't even thought of yet.
The "bar" is part of the main beam from a 5 bottom plow. I used parts of the main frame of the discs that were bolted together with 7/8" bolts to make removable shanks.
I could say everything went as planned..............................but it didn't.
I intended for the shanks to be directly behind the tires which are about 32" apart as I posted earlier. Somehow I got in my head it was 40". Got it all welded up (very heavy, solid welds), put it on the tractor, and as Frank says on Everybody Loves Raymond
HOLY CRAP With all those welds, I ain't changin' it unless it's a have to case.
After thinking about it, this might be better anyhow.
I'm not real happy with how I fixed the shanks to attach the points, but I haven't thought of a better way yet.
To be continued.................
Edited by freedhardwoods, September 30, 2013 - 06:52 PM.