5 replies to this topic

#1 bear15 OFFLINE  

bear15
  • Member No: 25306
  • 3 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 05:38 PM

Shut off when off seat, GT 6000 Craftsman

Under the seat of our new Craftsman GT 6000 is a 4 prong connector with 3 wires (gray, green, black with a jumper to the 4th connection). When I get off the seat, the engine shuts off. Any idea what wires I jump to turn off this feature? Thanks for any help.

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 05:49 PM

You Don't!   Used to be two wires and easy, now much harder if not impossible to bypass. If you fall off the tractor or get knocked off it stops, seems like a safe item to me the way people want to race around now days while mowing.  Good for when Kids are running it also.  Live with it and leave it alone.  Most times you shut off the pto and put tractor In park and it should stay running while getting off.

I think my Deere has a small compurer or box somewhere that needs all the sensor's inputs to run correct and can't be bypassed anymore. I have to push a button even to back up while mowing. Was a pain at first, but got used to it and seems normal now.

• chris m and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 05:58 PM

Like Grumpy I would not recommend turning this feature off.  I get tractors in quite often that have bypassed the seat switch and when they get it back it is once again functioning.  We have a friend who was glad this feature worked when the tractor (a craftsman) turned over on her.

That all being said you should be able to put the tractor in neutral and then set the parking brake and it will stay running when you get off.  All of my Craftsman do.

• chris m and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 bear15 OFFLINE  

bear15
  • Member No: 25306
  • 3 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 06:08 PM

Shut off when off seat, GT 6000 Craftsman

Under the seat of our new Craftsman GT 6000 is a 4 prong connector with 3 wires (gray, green, black with a jumper to the 4th connection). When I get off the seat, the engine shuts off. Any idea what wires I jump to turn off this feature? Thanks for any help.

Any other ideas? Thanks for your consideration.

#5 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 06:16 PM

Any other ideas? Thanks for your consideration.

What is your Craftsman's model (product code) and s/n information?  If I can find a part number I can check if my aftermarket sources have it at a good price and jump around Sears.

Ben W.

#6 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 06:41 PM

This is a touchy topic. Let me explain.

Being this is a Safety device that is OEM to your GT. If anyone tells you how to bypass it and something bad happens to yourself or someone else that is operating the machine. Then the person who told you how to bypass the circuit is responsible, along with our site for allowing it too be posted.

Trust me I know how aggravating safety devices can be! But I think it will be the best if we just lock this topic to avoid any problems in the future.

Plus HDWildBill gave you the best answer to avoid this from happening. Good luck and I hope you understand where I am coming from. Any questions you can send me a PM. Thanks, Chris

• NUTNDUN, drbish, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks