LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,597 Thanks
  • 7,654 posts

Posted September 30, 2013 - 10:33 AM

I'm still waiting for you to mention that other reason you shouldn't be left unsupervised. You know, that 'other' reason.

#17 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted September 30, 2013 - 01:00 PM

Good looking ford ya got their...... 250 dosen't sound like too bad a deal, their pretty rare around here also.  I try to keep all the fuel the same, the woman like's to weed wack  and i've all ready bought 2 different ones, glad she isn't into running the chain saw.lol Good luck with the tractor.

#18 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted September 30, 2013 - 05:10 PM

My pick would be a 18+ HP v-twin kohler

Magnum?? I have an LGT 165 that I need an engine for.

#19 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted September 30, 2013 - 07:33 PM

Magnum?? I have an LGT 165 that I need an engine for.

Magnums I believe are opposed twins. They Don't fit as well. The Comands fit nice.
  • LTD said thank you

#20 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted October 01, 2013 - 08:44 PM

You need more than 10 HP diesel for that rig to work efficiently. I have one with a 16.5 HP Kubota diesel in it and it works hard at tilling and blowing snow!!
My pick would be a 18+ HP v-twin kohler , as its almost a direct bolt in if you have the engine mount brackets from the original engine. All you need to do is drill 2 holes and grind a little notch for the starter.
Also need to change ign. Switch to switched ground for engine kill. Very easy swap.

Maybe, but on this unit, the Snowblower and tiller both run off the PTO, The hydro only handles travel and lift. I'm suspecting that the size of the implement has more effect than the hydro.

#21 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,404 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 03:08 AM

IF you just plan on driving it around then it would work ok , but for mowing or any pto work...... not so good.

One thing you need to look at is displacement of the engine, regaurdless of fuel types cid is going to have the last word.

So if that  10 hp diesel has 30+ cid then it should do ok , if its under that, well , its gonna work hard all the time and probably not last as long.

Edited by skyrydr2, October 02, 2013 - 03:29 AM.

#22 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted October 02, 2013 - 08:15 PM

IF you just plan on driving it around then it would work ok , but for mowing or any pto work...... not so good.

One thing you need to look at is displacement of the engine, regaurdless of fuel types cid is going to have the last word.
 So if that  10 hp diesel has 30+ cid then it should do ok , if its under that, well , its gonna work hard all the time and probably not last as long.

This thing won't be working much, I have two mowers now, I don't need a tiller at the moment, although I have one for my black 100. I can put a snow blade on my LT75 when I need it.
The most it will ever do is push, and run the simple hydraulics on a snow blade, I may add a bit more oil capacity, and a cooler to run a second cylinder for independent lift at both ends.

#23 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 10:47 PM

I decided to use the 13hp Honda clone I had here. It will do for now
The repower thread is over here...

http://gardentractor...gt-165-repower/