22 replies to this topic

#1 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,634 Thanks
  • 1,732 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 08:52 AM

Looked out the kitchen window this morning.   Immediately noticed my old Huskee was missing. It was the only one I have left sitting out lately because the shop is full and needed room for a project.  17.5 hp  46" deck.  It's been my mower for mulching leaves and mowing trails in the woods. I've had it since 1996, and refurbished it once.  Just  irritates the %^&&* out of me. It not a real treasure for anyone,  But it was mine!  Called the local Police. They said the County Police would contact me.   But that i'll  probably never see it again.  Called the local scrapyards but don't really expect to get any results from them either.

Guess I'm just $%^&*( off this morning.  :wallbanging:  :firejumper:    Rick

• Texas Deere and Horse, HDWildBill, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 08:54 AM

Wow, must be open season on everyone else's stuff! You, Ken, Verizon, good grief.

I hope you catch the jackass and have him put away.
  • CRFarnsworth said thank you

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:04 AM

Wow, must be open season on everyone else's stuff! You, Ken, Verizon, good grief.

I hope you catch the jackass and have him put away.

Don't forget my Son's zero turn stolen on the 19th.

• CRFarnsworth said thank you

#4 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,316 Thanks
  • 2,412 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:09 AM

wow, that sucks.  sorry to read about that.  Hope the police catch the low life lower than whalecrapbutthead.  I am not in the best neighborrhood and I read about thieving all around me in the paper.  I keep the lights on out back at night so would-be thieves can see my big dogs and their teeth if they want to try to enter my yard.

• Alc, CRFarnsworth and oldedeeres have said thanks

#5 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,634 Thanks
  • 1,732 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:23 AM

Thanks for the support . The County just called and took all the information.  He said they will  contact and check all the "usual suspects"

but not to hold my breath.  Rick

Edited by CRFarnsworth, September 28, 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:54 AM

I think I'm going to take closeup pics of all my tractor ID plates so I'll have the info just in case, along with pics of entire units for insurance adjusting purposes if the need arises. 

• Texas Deere and Horse, IamSherwood, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,249 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 10:01 AM

I think I'm going to take closeup pics of all my tractor ID plates so I'll have the info just in case, along with pics of entire units for insurance adjusting purposes if the need arises.

Isn't that called GTTalk Registry? :D
  • olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#8 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 10:01 AM

Good call Dan. I document all my machines, attachments, firearms etc at the suggestion of my insurer. Pretty much anything I value that has unique charactaristics and that I can value over $100 when pulling comparable sales info off the net.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#9 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 10:42 AM

Our neighbor owns a Bobcat / Ex mark dealership. There were 3 Zero turns on a trailer. They stole it all. $35000 loss. If they turn in a insurance claim they will be dropped. Reward has been offered, but nothing yet.

00m0m_fiBER1NiZtf_600x450.jpg

Hopefully someone will turn them in.

#10 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:24 AM

If they turn in a insurance claim they will be dropped.

That's what so p--ses me off about insurance.  You pay in dramatically more than they will ever pay out, then make one smallish claim and they drop you. 

• A.C.T. and oldedeeres have said thanks

#11 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:38 AM

Shortly after my wife's grandmother passed away (she lived with us) I came home one day and found several things missing, a generator, cooking grill still in the box, a fish aquarium my wife had gotten donated for the elementary school and some other items.  They apparently took their time because there was other items worth a lot more not touched.  When we reported it the deputy said he would file the report but the best thing we could do is get a big dog.  I now keep everything under lock and key, plus we have 3 big dogs and one medium size one.  

Sorry to hear about your loss and I do hope you are able to recover it.  

#12 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:02 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss.  They will steal anything they can get a dollar for.  

Remember someone buys this stuff.  Next time you are at the scrap yard, (if you ever go to one) look at who's bringing in what.  I helped my son junk his car.  I had no idea how the scrap yard worked.  The woman behind the counter that gives you the cash said to us "Hey new guys, where is your slip?"  Apparently we stuck out as the new guys.  I looked around the room.  Plenty of regular looking guys and a few that I wouldn't give the time of day to.  In my neighborhood we have regular scrappers that go by on trash night.  Anything metal is always gone before morning.

To come take it from your yard is pretty low.  Maybe that big dog idea isn't a bad one.

#13 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,584 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:27 PM

Isn't that called GTTalk Registry? :D

Exactly!  

#14 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,731 Thanks
  • 7,693 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Dave you stuck out because there are not a whole lot of people who go to a scrap yard. Even in a big city. It is the same 200 or so people over an over again. SO when someone new shows up they stand out. Especially since they don't snow how things work.

I have pics of all the serial numbers on all my equipment and all my tools have a cryptic set of initials engraved in them. Anyone who comes in the yard is greeted by me - armed. And I make sure they know that I can identify their vehicle by pointing out something on it - I.E. the guy that pulled in wanting my tractors for scrap, I asked him where he got the spinners on his wheels.

I have only ever had one problem and it was the druggies up the street. My dogs started going nuts at about 3 am. I went out the back door with the shotgun and I could hear them in the trees talking quietly. I racked the shotgun. I heard feet beat it across the road and over the fence into the Longhorn pasture. Never had a problem again.

• HDWildBill, oldedeeres and SupplySergeant have said thanks

#15 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,836 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:38 PM

Bad enough they take it, up here if they get hurt on your property while stealing, they can (and do) sue you for pain and damages!  There are times when "shoot, shovel, and shut up" is an attractive sounding alternative. The perpetrator seems to get far more protection from the law than the victim, seems to me.