Well, for some of you at plow day knew that I was having issues with my Sears OH160 charging. It pooped out on me almost as soon as I started plowing in the morning. I blew a main fuse, replaced that thanks to NASHCUB and still nothing. One time I thought I smelt something burning, but saw nothing, had a short day plowing.
I figured the 40 yr old regulator died so I ordered a 20 amp Onan regulator, it came in today. Bolted it on, hooked up wires and gave it a shot. I did noticed tractor was hard to start to even with my custom ignition on it when I drove from back barn up to garage to work on it.
It would not start after I installed regulator and this time I saw smoke coming up from under tins near where main wires come from under flywheel.....RUT ROH!!!!! Hope I didn't burn up my new regulator.
Pulled tins and flywheel and here we are, wires burnt up on stator, 1 is literally in half. I think the issue came from me either degreasing/hosing motor down Thursday before plow day or it got really wet during my rainy drive down.
Soooo, for your viewing pleasure. Lucky I didn't catch tractor on fire.