19 replies to this topic

#16 CMAC OFFLINE  

CMAC
  • Member No: 36330
  • 12 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 09:53 PM

That is one shiny tractor!

What do you think about the seat mounted that way?  I have a Ford 80 that needs a new seat, and I have a spare seat, but it looks like I would loose some leg room that way.  Anything might be better than what I have now.  I have the box filled with firewood and a hunting seat cushion on top.

Well, I had to do a bit of a conversion to get the seat low enough. I had to mount it right on top of the 2 i-beams of the frame and place it another 4 or 5 inches further back. The new seat has a shock inside but the mounting mechanism throws it forward, hence the need for the seat to be mounted further back. The fenders do not like to be that far back and start to foul on the tires so I needed to hack the fenders a bit and move them further up and out. It can be done and does work well - just a bit of effort to get it there. 

#17 CMAC OFFLINE  

CMAC
  • 12 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 09:28 AM

Well, I just refinished the blower. That sucker was pretty rusty after all those years of sitting outside. One thing that you can say about stuff built in the 60's - There is enough metal there to strip it all down and still have enough left to more than hold it together :)

OrigBlower_zps73872e00.jpg

And after hours upon hours of sanding, wire wheeling, welding, grinding and painting ... I'm just about ready for the snow.

BlowerOn2_zpsac647abc.jpg

BlowerOn_zps78fbb95a.jpg

Ford100_zpsee5ab761.jpg

Now all that's left is a motor for turning the chute, and mounting the new muffler. (At least for this season)  :)

• skyrydr2 said thank you

#18 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,403 Thanks
  • 3,154 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 10:34 AM

Beautiful machine !!! I like that seat too.

#19 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 11:27 AM

That is a beautiful tractor! Was that seat custom built or repurposed?

#20 CMAC OFFLINE  

CMAC
  • 12 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted October 21, 2013 - 11:48 AM

That is a beautiful tractor! Was that seat custom built or repurposed?

Thanks - it's been a lot of work for sure.

The seat was purchased from the local New Holland dealer for about $100 but is the same type they sell at TSC stores. I needed to mod the tractor a bit to get it to fit. It is still a bit higher up than stock (when the shock isn't compressed) but a whole lot more comfy :) It also looks to be a bit more forward than the original position but I have moved the fender compartment back so I believe it is about the same location all around as stock.

Edited by CMAC, October 21, 2013 - 11:50 AM.