John Deere Lt150 Steering Wheel Center Emblem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mucksiegooma OFFLINE  

• Member No: 47586
  • 1 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 09:30 AM

I have a mint 2003 JD LT150 hydrostatic lawn tractor. I recently had it into the dealer for a completer fuel line replacement and belt replacement.   They lost the center steering wheel emblem, which by the way was quite nice.  I don't know how that happened, they gave me some cockamayme excuse and when I requested a new center emblem for the steering wheel, they said they would order one.  When contacted, I was told that the whole steering wheel has to be replaced so they gave me a new one.  This doesn't make sense,  Does anyone out there have a replacement steering wheel emblem?  Are they available?  Will I, in fact, have to change out the whole steering wheel in order to keep my tractor original.  By the way, the new steering wheel center is black embossed material the same as the wheel, probably cast as one part.   I really want my tractor to be as original as possibel.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you.

• JRJ said thank you

#2 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,647 Thanks
  • 8,523 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 09:43 AM

Welcome to GTtalk.  I think I would push the dealership to replace the emblem to original spec.  They could probably get one if they half tried.  There are some JD guys on here that can better advise you.

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 10:30 AM

Look it up on jdparts.com and see if the parts are still available. It could be the original parts are NLA and a substitute wheel is all that's available new. I would think you could get a used wheel from one of our site sponsors or perhaps locally from someone parting out an LT. My first JD was a 2004 LT160.

#4 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,379 Thanks
  • 3,959 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 10:50 AM

1 AM131662 Steering Wheel 1   (INCLUDES LABEL)

First at all: welcome. As you can see in the jdpc, the label isn't sold singly. And the rest told the other guys.

Edit: the Image-post-function didn't work...

Edited by jd.rasentrac, September 27, 2013 - 10:53 AM.