4 replies to this topic

#1 tyler OFFLINE  

tyler

Tractorholic

• Member No: 437
  • 55 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted December 05, 2010 - 08:32 AM

fine tuning the speed linkage and brake on the snapper the other day. did everything by the book works perfect but going foward and rev it's jumpy. if i continuously go from forward to rev and forward to rev it's smooth. but starting off she jumps out of the gate. i got good hydro fluid in it, would it make a differance if i used 10w 40?

#2 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted December 05, 2010 - 10:14 AM

Are all the linkages tight on to the shafts they turn. Sounds like maybe there is some slack or wear in a roll pin hole possibly, or maybe low on fluid? Just some things to check. Mike

#3 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 07:57 AM

With our cold winter temps, I'd stick to the ATF.

I'll second tractormike's comment about roll pins. If you have a Sundstrand hydro and can't find the problem in the linkage anywhere, the pins may be working themselves out of the swash plate inside the hydro. You'll know for sure that it's the swash plate when it won't move but the hydraulics still work.

Bob

#4 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 11:04 AM

With our cold winter temps, I'd stick to the ATF.

I'll second tractormike's comment about roll pins. If you have a Sundstrand hydro and can't find the problem in the linkage anywhere, the pins may be working themselves out of the swash plate inside the hydro. You'll know for sure that it's the swash plate when it won't move but the hydraulics still work.

Bob

Ditto To Both

#5 VICHARRIS OFFLINE  

VICHARRIS

• Member No: 1381
  • 50 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted December 28, 2010 - 08:34 PM

I use a full synthetic automatic transmission fluid on my MF1650. If you are havin binding problems with your forward/ reverse linkage. I rebuilt the linkage using a spherical/ hemi joint and threaded bolt. You could have an oil leakage and need to top up. Because of air in the hydraulic system.

Vic.