• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 11:06 PM

Be careful with them when they get older.

#17 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,745 Thanks
  • 7,517 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 05:41 AM

I had a Great Pyrenees that we would turn loose every night at 9pm to go patrol. She frequently came home in the morning with blood on her but never had a scratch. We never had a problem with anything getting killed. One of the neighbors was scared of her and kept calling the cops and even took a shot at her a couple of times (fortunately he is a lousy shot). There was no way to keep her penned or chained up because she was so strong. I gave her to a sheep farm to keep her from getting shot. 2 weeks later the coyotes showed back up.

Fortunately we have a new neighbor who is a much better shot and has done a good job of thinning the coyotes and foxes back down.

We used to have Newfies. When I was looking for land to build a new house, there was a real nice forty acre piece that had state forest around most of it. The neighbor warned me that they were losing a cow or 2 each year to idiots with guns. I had to skip the land because I knew some idiot would shoot the dogs and that I would then get my old army rifle and get them. It is very annoying to have to make allowances for idiots. BTW if you are a dog lover see the old Twilight Zone episode called "The Hunt". Good Luck, Rick.

#18 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,711 Thanks
  • 1,720 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 07:36 AM

I hope they don't turn out like our St. Bernard (always wet and muddy) :bigrofl:

Attached Thumbnails

• John Deere 140 001.JPG

Edited by BTS, September 26, 2013 - 07:37 AM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#19 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 08:32 AM

Great looking puppies.  Good luck with the pest control.

#20 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,478 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 09:21 AM

Cute puppies. Hopefully they get the size and brains from the GP, my Boxers don't have 2 good brain cells between the two of them....hahaha, but they make life comical! :rolling:

I've gotten lucky, I've only lost a few chickens to fox and couple got taken away from either the big hawks or the two HUGE owls we have in the area. I think the coyotes are scared of my goats, those horns can tear ya up quick. :D

• boyscout862 said thank you