22 replies to this topic

#16 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,154 Thanks
  • 1,448 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 10:14 PM

That's good that the frame was easy to straighten on G11. With the 1254 rear in the tractor it will make a great tilling tractor since it will have high lo belts and a high lo rear end. Too bad I'm not closer to you or I would give you a steering column, I have a few extra columns and just scrapped on a couple months ago too

• EricFromPa said thank you

#17 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 10:45 PM

I had the cover off of the G11 tranny today and there's a few gears chewed up a little bit and a good bit of water in it and both axle seals are leaking very badly.But with new seals and fresh gear oil it will be a good tranny.I'm going to keep the tranny and what's left of the 1254 in hopes of putting them both back together to original.My little shed is full of Tiller,2 decks,plow and my saws,tools and the little cultivator.10x10 shed with no shelving and a door that's not big enough to get a GT into But that is soon to be fixed lol.

1 chain saw and 5 minutes later we will have 2 x 2' doors.I need to get hinges yet then I will be able to drive a tractor into my shed.

I could take stuff down to the farm but we're running out of room there to.My truck,3 big farm tractors,sickle mower,bailer,brush hog,3 point wood splitter,my uncles Cub Cadet collection (he has 9 as of now) the big Turfmaster mower and the machining tools (huge welder,2 lathes,milling machine ect ect) take up ALOT of space in 1 30' x 50' and 1 20' x 40' metal sided pole barns.

And I forgot my uncle has my grandpaps old 1960s Ford pick up and Ford 8N with loader and backhoe stored in the corner of the 30x50 barn yet. 

Edited by EricFromPa, September 26, 2013 - 11:00 PM.

#18 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 01:31 PM

No Sleep really takes it toll on ya.I went to bed around 12am and just woke up it's 2:00PM.I feel better than I've felt in over a month.I just haven't been able to sleep.Worrying about some family related problems and a bunch of other stuff.

I have a nervous condition,I've had it sense I was a little guy,worrying about stuff combined with my condition makes me severally depressed and tired all of the time but I can't sleep for any more than 2 or 3 hours at a time.

I love tinkering with stuff.It takes the mind off of other stuff and calms the nerves.

I'll get the G11 back together.I named the G11 Margaret.That's my grandmothers 1st name.She's 94 today and I Love her will all of my heart. :happy_birthday:

:big_hug: Big hugs for gram.And a Huge :thank_you: Thank you to you guys putting up with my blabbering. :rolling:

Edited by EricFromPa, September 27, 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#19 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 03:08 PM

Thank you to you guys putting up with my blabbering. :rolling:

Happy Birthday Grams!! She's in good company, my aunt hit 96 yesterday!

and you just keep blabberin', stop worrying so much and stay healthy, We get payed by knowin you're OK! :wave:   :D  :thumbs:  

#20 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 10:08 PM

:dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

I got it running today.Rewired it and hooked everything up and hooked up a temporary gas tank and hit the key.Didn't start :rolling: .

The engine is a little bit older than I thought.Took the blower housing off and noticed 2 wires going under the flywheel.It's a Points engine.BUT I happened to have a Brand new solid state coil sitting in the shed for a 17hp Intek.I put it on and gaped it to .010 and hit the key again.It fired up Instantly.Runs really good.Let it run for a good hour before the little Lawnboy tank I had hooked up ran dry.

I need to either get 2 flanged style exhaust gaskets or 1 that is pretty thick.I got a pretty big gap between the flange and the block.

I noticed the Bearings on the drive-shaft are pretty much toast.It will start if I push the clutch in but I have to give her about 1/2 throttle and ease the clutch out to get the drive shaft to move without stalling.Once it's spinning you can hear the engine grunt a little but the more you run it the hotter the bearing gets and it spins normally after about 2 minutes.I think both bearings are Dry but you can't hear them over the noise of the exhaust leak.

I'm using the 1254 driveshaft and clutch.The original G11 belt hub on the drive shaft is falling apart.It's to rusted up to use.And the G11 drive shaft bearing is frozen solid.Guess with the front end off of the tractor and being buried in mud for 3+ years took it's toll.

This is a Pic of the G11 sitting partly sunk in the mud.It's sat there for 3+ years in the same spot.

20130825_111513.jpg

I can't get the steering wheel off of the 1254 without heating it and ruining the wheel.Was just going to use the shaft and wheel in the G11 column.I'll keep an eye out for a G10 parts machine but to put the G11 back to mostly original is not going to happen till I find a complete driveshaft and steering column with steering wheel.

Anyone have driveshaft bearings for a 1254? The front one is cracked but works and the rear bearing is either Dry or the Brake is hanging up.

I don't know how you would adjust the driveshaft brake.

I Just put 2 new drive belts on it today.That's when I noticed the front bearing has a hairline crack in it.

#21 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 10:20 PM

I've looked everywhere for New Self Aligning Bolens Driveshaft bearing part # 1185587 $51.71 shipped and the rear Bearing Part # 1704479 is $139.98 ?

Prices seem very very very high for just a Bearing.

Edited by EricFromPa, September 28, 2013 - 10:23 PM.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#22 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 10:50 PM

Eric, Have you checked with Bob or Rick our site sponsors, they both have a lot of Bolens parts.

• EricFromPa said thank you

#23 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 06:04 PM

I'm looking for a Whole driveshaft assembly for it now.Figured it would be alot cheaper to get a used driveshaft.

Figured out 1 problem.PO didn't bother to put one of the bearing colors on the front bearing.I found 2 at the hardware store for $2.95 each and stuck them on.Now I got the clutch adjusted correctly.It wouldn't adjust correctly with the 1 front bearing color missing.

Bad news is that the rear bearing is very tight It's whining pretty bad and it' acts as if it may seize up.It turn loose then gets tight.The front bearing race is cracked and pretty choppy sounding.

If anyone happens to have a good driveshaft for a 6 speed gear drive tractor let me know what you want for it.1050 driveshaft is the same thing.