• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sawdust ONLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 04:35 PM

I searched this topic & couldn't find anything so I'll ask. I only have two tractors a 1968 MF12 Hydro & a 1978 Cub Cadet1250 Hydro both have what looks like factory set negative camber. Both GT have solid spindles & wheels. I have seen other GT especially the MF's that look like the front wheels have zero camber ( wheels sit straight up). Is this something folks change? I like the front wheels sitting straight up & not the NC where the wheels sit inward towards the frame at the bottom. Thanks

#2 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 04:48 PM

The early Cub Cadet's had the wheels straight up and down. They started negative camber with the wide-frames. I like the look of it myself.My AMF 1010 has it too. Not sure how you would change it.

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,754 Thanks
  • 7,525 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 05:07 PM

The tractors generally have a king pin type system which is not adjustable. If you really wanted to change the angles you would have to make custom bushings or bend the spindles. Check that your kingpin bushings haven't gotten worn out of shape. Good Luck, Rick

#4 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 05:11 PM

I like the front wheels sitting straight up & not the NC where the wheels sit inward towards the frame at the bottom. Thanks

You're describing the tops of the wheels leaning out??  That's actually positive camber.

My GTX-18 has a ton of positive camber.  I agree with you.  I don't like the look of it at all and at GT speeds it really serves no purpose that I know of.

• Sawdust said thank you

#5 Sawdust ONLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 05:38 PM

Your right my bad it's positive. Thanks

#6 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,599 Thanks
  • 7,655 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 06:54 PM

Is it angled out because of the spindle angle or because the bushing bore is angled that way? It makes all the difference in the steering.

#7 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 08:34 AM

My MF1855 is like that, the front tires should be bald it looks so bad, but they are not. They are worn evenly. I've seen pics of other 1855's and all look like that so not sure why they do that, guess there is some purpose to it.