• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AdamDee OFFLINE  

AdamDee
  • Member No: 47403
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 09:08 AM

My Name is Adam her in Westminster Ma, and I have what I think is a 1980 something Speedex Model 1831.

It came with a 48" mower deck (hasn't been on in almost 15 years) and I am having hard time with the belt for it. I have had trouble finding info on this tractor never mind the mower deck info icon_rolleyes.gif . I have the deck mounted pulleys on right and clutch arm on left, but I just cant figure out why I have so much play in the belt for the mower icon_neutral.gif . It bounces and jumps off the pulleys, I don't know if there is a spring for the flat pulley (the one that applies pressure to belt)to keep the bouncing down or an additional spring needed on the clutch side. Please help and I will get pic of my baby up in the next day or two.

Thank you up front for any and all help.

Adam

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0419.jpg

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 AdamDee OFFLINE  

AdamDee
  • Member No: 47403
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hello All,

Does anyone live in the New England area that may have parts and or attachments for a Speedex model 1831? Owners manual or a 48" mower manual??? Any help and Info well be great!!!

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0420.jpg

#3 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 09:26 AM

Hi Adam, Welcome to GTtalk.  I'm not a Speedex guy but perhaps if you could post some pic's of the deck configuration that would help.  We do have quite a few Speedex guy's on the forum so I'm sure they will be able to help you.

• AdamDee said thank you

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 10:28 AM

Welcome to GTTalk Adam. It may take a few days but someone on here should be able to help you with your deck problems.

• AdamDee said thank you

#5 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 10:37 AM

Welcome to GTT. Try our manuals section. This one should be very similar http://gardentractor...-owners-manual/ . Check out the other manuals. You can download three free per day. Good Luck, Rick

• AdamDee said thank you

#6 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 12:15 PM

Manuals, including for most mower decks can be downloaded at www.speedexgardentractor.org    Note that is .org a little different.

I had one once and fella just ran belt from engine down to deck pulley and left it loose, but tightened when he lowered the deck!! NOT! There should be an idler pulley on frame and one that is on long arm with spring to pull it back or maybe rally forward to tighten the belt and move when raised, lowered if it was like mine.  Would need more brighter pictures than these to see the tractor connections you now have, they are too dark to see details. There are a few variations of decks and drives, need to know which one you have. I'm thinking it is a shaft drive across deck with gear boxes and pulley and belt from engine on right side??  If my link doesn't work, try it w/out the garden part in name. Just trying to recall the address w/out really looking it up. Seems someone just posted this same problem recently, so might go down thru postings here and see if same as yours. I have pix of my deck drive in that posting too.

Looked it up and is www.speedextractorinformation.org    Well I was close!  NOT!  Sorry!

Edited by glgrumpy, September 23, 2013 - 12:18 PM.

• AdamDee said thank you