• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,719 Thanks
  • 4,882 posts

Posted December 05, 2010 - 05:48 AM

Very nice machine! How much does it weigh?

I don't know the exact weight but I think it is listed in the 400 lb range.

#18 BEEMANofGardenTractors OFFLINE  

BEEMANofGardenTractors
  • Member No: 88367
  • 9 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted September 19, 2017 - 05:39 AM

Well, as a BEEMAN, just one who didn't live in the "Mary Tyler Moore" mansion which Great great GrandDad has built circa 1890's. Still there on Lake of the Isles, off Lake street, did see it many a time, as that was my Junior high haunt area. The Beeman mansion is multi-storied with large building/garages out back...And that is where my Great GrandDad invented the Gas Garage door opener. Prior to inventing Gas Garden Tractor. He had been a VP at Moline Plow Company, coming up from a manager. We had 3-5 acres on that corner back then...early 1900's. No, the home was never split into apartments as Show suggested, but in the 60's someone had made horrific colors, siding, etc. The Beeman machines even pre-1921, were shipped as far as Palestine. And as you can see them still running! Look for YouTube videos! At least 2, one in europe, but unsure model, engine wright, but wheels and carriage little wonky. They weighed over 700 pounds, but had power to go! And 1920's catalog with lot of photos, shows it working many ways, while also having stories from people & families who'd purchased! One said, much faster than horse, and cheaper to feed. Hope you enjoy your machines! Please share them, because that is why GrandDad made them! To help all who purchased...He'd just hoped more BEEMAN implements would of been purchased in the 20's, where hundreds of his patents were to. His hope of bread & butter...but the depression changed all that, and the new step children took the family away from the homestead, finally away to Seattle. By the 1940's the family was in a much smaller mansion near Lake Calhoun. My father was a E.R.Beeman too, but did photography...for Bradley GT (sports car company), until he died of heart-transplant at UofM. Yes, same Bradley Family of the Bradley tractor! My dad worked with a David Bradley, son of Tractor company founder.

• DougT, steve b, KennyP and 1 other said thanks