#1 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 11:35 PM

On the Weekend of September 28th, 2013, VanDerBrink Auctions, LLC will sell the contents of the virtual Time Capsule. The man behind the mystery is Ray P. Lambrecht, owner of Lambrecht Chevrolet Company from 1946 to 1996. This Collection consists of approx. 500 vehicles from the 1930’s to early 1970’s, and even a few newer vehicles, many of which were trades from the dealership. There are also 30-50 Vehicles that are essentially new and never sold Chevrolets. They are sitting ready for new owners, with most under 10 miles and still on MSO.  Mr. Lambrecht’s love cars started at an early age. Ray was born in the kick off of the automobile in 1918.  When he was a kid the love the automobile was evident with Ray carving models of cars of the day, down to the very detail of autos of the day.  Startling Everyone, at age 9 when he climbed into the family’s 1927 Chevrolet 2dr Coupe and drove his Mother 7 miles to town for groceries. His love of cars stayed with him through being drafted into WWII. Ray was honorably discharged in 1946 from the service and opportunity came knocking. 
There is alot of history in this collection and many years of selling Chevrolets. Ray can still remember where all the vehicles came from and the stories of selling them. New Cars that were unsold from that year were also brought out to the farm and stored. The new model years came in and ready to sell to the public. This is where such note worthy cars in this collection are a 1978 Chevrolet Indy Pace Car with 4 miles still on MSO, a 1965 Impala 396 FAC car with 5 miles on MSO, 1958 Chevrolet Cameo Pickup on MSO with 1.3 miles, 1964 Impala 2dr HT with 4 miles, 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS with low miles, and the list goes on with approximately 50 Cars still on MSO! Along with an assortment of TriFive Cars, Impalas, 2dr’s, 4dr’s,  and the list goes on. They are everything from survivors, projects and sadly the elements have made some of them parts cars or donors.

0929-15L.jpg 0929-15L_9.jpg

0929-1L.jpg 0929-1L_5.jpg

0929-11L_1.jpg 0929-11L_5.jpg

1963-Chevrolet-Impala-.jpg

Anyone close to Pierce NE?

Edited by A.C.T., September 22, 2013 - 11:43 PM.

• bgkid2966, boyscout862 and Dieselcubmike have said thanks

#2 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 12:52 AM

No but I visited with a gentleman who is involved with the auction and listening to him talk about the vehicles on the auction was very interesting. One of his comments went like this. Can you imagine opening the door on a 1964 Chevrolet and it still smells like new inside.  The hubcaps and mats are still in the trunk and had never been installed. 

Sounds like there won't be a motel room or camp site available within 100 miles. 

Hope the sale goes good.

Edited by Cvans, September 23, 2013 - 10:16 AM.

• A.C.T. said thank you

#3 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 06:40 AM

Darn shame it won't be televised as I know I would tune in to see what some of these cars bring.It always amazes me when a big collection like this gets uncovered and brought out into the light day.

• A.C.T. said thank you

#4 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,503 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 09:14 AM

I saw that posted a few months ago on another website.....they are really building this thing up to be big. I bet if the cars would actually get washed and detailed, they would bring Barrett Jackson money. Well, maybe they will anyway just being basically brand new cars.

What a collection.

• A.C.T. said thank you

#5 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 10:20 AM

Washed maybe but I can't imagine that they would want to take a chance and alter an original car in anyway. I know the guy I visited with didn't mention anything about cleaning them up that I recall. Many of the used vehicles had sat outside at his farm for many years. Just the job of moving and organizing them would be huge. 

• A.C.T. said thank you

#6 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 10:42 AM

I'm sure the ones that are new will fetch big money, dirty or not. It would be great to see a new car from the 60's. There are a lot of restorations around but an original new one would be nice to see.Sometimes I think the restorations are much prettier, paint wise, than the new ones would have been.

• Cvans and A.C.T. have said thanks

#7 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 11:23 AM

Sometimes I think the restorations are much prettier, paint wise, than the new ones would have been.

I think you hit that nail right on the head!

#8 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,629 Thanks
  • 3,920 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Darn shame it won't be televised as I know I would tune in to see what some of these cars bring.It always amazes me when a big collection like this gets uncovered and brought out into the light day.

History channel is having a feature on this auction Saturday @ 8pm, 7pm central

The boys from Top Gear are hosting.  Maybe we can at least catch some of the hightlights.

Edited by Gtractor, September 24, 2013 - 08:55 PM.

• pigsitter and TAHOE have said thanks

#9 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 09:02 PM

Darn shame it won't be televised as I know I would tune in to see what some of these cars bring.

It will be televized. History Channel 8pm eastern.
Hosted by two of the guys from Top Gear (America) plus Brian Unger.
  • pigsitter said thank you

#10 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 10:05 PM

Thanks for the info guys,I may just have to try and stomach the top gear guys for awhile so I can see some of these cars!

My apologies to any top gear fans but that show gets on my nerves. :smilewink:

#11 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 01:53 PM

We were talking about this at work yesterday.  I'd like to go watch.

Too bad they are all Chevys

Edited by toomanytoys84, September 25, 2013 - 01:54 PM.