Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

B-Series 48" Sickle What's It Worth? Rare?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 firenems335 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2521
  • 46 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 10:48 PM

I have found a yellow 48: sickle mower for a b-series allis chalmers, it is yellow and very complete minimual rust. i have hardly seen one of these for the b-series tractors before. What woiuld one of these mowers run for?

How rare is this item to have?

• boyscout862 and Paybob have said thanks

#2 Gtractor OFFLINE  

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,397 Thanks
  • 3,814 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 11:29 PM

About half of what the guy has it listed for.   :(

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,052 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 06:21 AM

There are 2 versions for B series machines, and both are somewhat scarce, or at least, desireable (manual lift and cable-lift).  There are lots out there, but limited #'s for sale.  A great condition sicklebar, can bring $400.  The manual lift version will be trumped by a cable lift type (which ties into the tractor's lift system), but a sickle bar shopper will take either type, most likely.

I see them frequently sell (resonably, as there are always 'steals' that aren't the norm) anywhere from $200-350.  If it is a real clean, complete, cable lift variety, with helper spring, pulley & mount for the frame of the tractor, support & transport chains, swath board and rear mount bracket, I'd say list it for $450, and see where things go.  Any missing parts, wear or damage will quickly drop the price from there.  Personally, I'd never let one go for under $300, if in operating condition.