• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gtcsreg ONLINE  

gtcsreg
  • Member No: 25875
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,646 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Ok guys, I have a Snapper 1650 and want to know if the 3 point hitch from a Snapper 1855 is interchangeable without modification?

Thanks guys,

Reg

#2 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 09:42 PM

Yes, it should interchange. Hoses may be slightly different but I dont think so.

• gtcsreg said thank you

#3 gtcsreg ONLINE  

gtcsreg
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,646 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yes, it should interchange. Hoses may be slightly different but I dont think so.

Anyone know for sure on hoses?

#4 tyler OFFLINE  

tyler

Tractorholic

• Member No: 437
  • 55 Thanks
  • 139 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 05:44 AM

here are the instructions that came with my 3 point.scan0002.jpg scan0003.jpg scan0004.jpg

Edited by tyler, September 22, 2013 - 06:49 AM.

• gtcsreg said thank you

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 07:06 AM

Looks like it will fit. I think 1655 and 1855 are the same but perhaps it's best to wait for someone who has first hand experience with them. 

• gtcsreg said thank you

#6 gtcsreg ONLINE  

gtcsreg
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,646 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 10:12 AM

Looks like it will fit. I think 1655 and 1855 are the same but perhaps it's best to wait for someone who has first hand experience with them. 

An auction is coming this Saturday for a parts tractor (Snapper 1855).  I've emailed the auctioneer to find out if it has a 3 point as the picture is poor.  I don't think I see a second hydraulics lever but the black plastic is busted there so I don't know for sure.  This is probably all for naught but trying to stay on top of it just in case.

#7 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 01:45 AM

All tractor with the Eaton hydro have different hosing and plumbing than the Sundstrand units.

MF Tractors with the Sundstand hydro have the same hoses and plumbing be it the 50 or 55 series.  The Sundstrand hydro is only found in the MF tractors as a rule.  I have nothing wrote in stone on that but have personally never seen an MF with an Eaton.  A few people have tried to pass a Snapper as an MF around here with a paint job but always lose the Serial tag in the proccess.

There may have been a few Snappers come out of the factory with a Sundstrand unit after Massey discontinued there contract with Snapper because of left over stock.  I have not seen one myself. 

Snapper tractors (50-55series) have Eaton hydros and are easy to ID.  The Eaton unit will be rounded and have cooling fins and an external filter mounted under the left hand rear fender.  The Sundstrand uints have the filter mounted directly to the bottom of the hydro. 

All use the same Peerless 2600 axle.

Hope this Helps.

• TAHOE, gtcsreg and alley oop have said thanks

#8 gtcsreg ONLINE  

gtcsreg
  • 1,665 Thanks
  • 1,646 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 06:35 PM

All tractor with the Eaton hydro have different hosing and plumbing than the Sundstrand units.

MF Tractors with the Sundstand hydro have the same hoses and plumbing be it the 50 or 55 series.  The Sundstrand hydro is only found in the MF tractors as a rule.  I have nothing wrote in stone on that but have personally never seen an MF with an Eaton.  A few people have tried to pass a Snapper as an MF around here with a paint job but always lose the Serial tag in the proccess.

There may have been a few Snappers come out of the factory with a Sundstrand unit after Massey discontinued there contract with Snapper because of left over stock.  I have not seen one myself. 

Snapper tractors (50-55series) have Eaton hydros and are easy to ID.  The Eaton unit will be rounded and have cooling fins and an external filter mounted under the left hand rear fender.  The Sundstrand uints have the filter mounted directly to the bottom of the hydro. 

All use the same Peerless 2600 axle.

Hope this Helps.

From my restoration I know mine is an Eaton.  It's a Snapper I painted MF (As a tribute to my Dad's old MF).  The Parts tractor is a Snapper also, but can't see actual tractor only one picture right now so can't confirm hydro.  Excellent info, thanks a bunch.