#31 antiquetractors OFFLINE  

antiquetractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6720
  • 279 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 06:00 PM

We got the go ahead from the club that runs the show at Portland and they are going to designate a bolens area and advertise it as well. See you at the show!

#32 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,350 Thanks
  • 1,759 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 09:17 AM

Maybe I missed the dates reading this,can you post them again,I'm working part time at the campground we have our camper at but will do my best to come,will bring a lot of NOS parts and used stuff along with the Ridemaster

• antiquetractors said thank you

#33 antiquetractors OFFLINE  

antiquetractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 12:14 AM

It's in August of 2014. I don't have the dates handy right now but I will find them!

#34 Kfs35 OFFLINE  

Kfs35
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 22474
  • 395 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 08:48 AM

August 20-24, 2014.

#35 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,655 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 07:10 AM

They have featured big tractor and engine brand each year with designated tent and area for the Big tractors. Have not seen much on making a GT feature yet or place for them. Many people in swap areas have same brands and same sale spot each year. There are SHOW areas you can't sell in and the big swap area that you can sell and parts and junk. The show is officially Wed thru Sunday of the third week in August. BUT.....you can come in to set-up your spaces early as Sunday after 12:00 noon. I usually go Monday and Tuesday also if I have couple loads. Not supposed to Buy/Sell till Wednesday is the rule, but it goes on anyway. Many folks have stuff sold over the year and just "connect" at the show to transfer the purchase. They come from all over the States and even some from Overseas are there. Fellas swarm over to your trailer as you pull in, to see what you have and be first to get it later if wanted. Sometimes have to let them look a bit before they move on and you can unload! 

#36 antiquetractors OFFLINE  

antiquetractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 09:56 AM

Basically from what we were told they are going to have a designated spot for the bolens. They thought it was a great idea and are going to advertise it for us as well (probably just on the flyer). Gravely had a big meet up by the big tractors and basically we are going to get the same treatment this coming year.

#37 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,636 Thanks
  • 1,329 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 12:27 PM

Is there camping or RV parking close by?

#38 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,200 Thanks
  • 5,216 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 04:37 PM

Is there camping or RV parking close by?

Its on the grounds I think...

www.tristategasenginetractor.com

• Nato77 said thank you

#39 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,350 Thanks
  • 1,759 posts

Posted October 15, 2013 - 10:41 PM

Last time I was there there was camping right next to the show grounds,I don't believe there is any hook ups,bring a generator with you

• Nato77 said thank you

#40 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 03:04 PM

Took me awhile to find this thread but I finally did I wasn't a member yet when this was started I would like to give a update an would also like to get a real idea so far who is committed to coming in august? I will
Be attending the clubs meeting at the end of this month I will be discussing more details with them an as well will be assigned to a director for coordinating things Please if your planning to attend an know about how many tractors your bringing please let me know? If anyone has any questions you can call or text me at 260-409-6337 All
Bolens tractors are welcome This will probably be the largest gathering of bolens tractors ever at a show so should be really great

#41 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,636 Thanks
  • 1,329 posts

Posted June 05, 2014 - 07:24 PM

Which days are the better days to be down there? I was doing a little planning for the summer and realized Portland is the same weekend as LeSueur, my local show. Would like to get to both but its going to be a lot of driving! Just wondering if the first couple days are good for showing and swapping?

#42 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,719 Thanks
  • 4,279 posts

Posted June 06, 2014 - 06:58 AM

Tues, Wed, and Thursday woud probably be the best. Friday afternoon people start pulling out and by Saturday noon its looking sparse. There is probably still more there than a lot of shows but it looks empty because it was so big to start with.

• Nato77 said thank you