Garden Tractor Forums banner

Got Together With Another Member Yestarday.

558 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rustyoldjunk 
#1 ·
Member C130A Flight Engineer spotted my Ariens transamatic model B in the back drop of one of my photos in a thread on another tractor and asked me about it.Now how he spotted it in that picture,i'm not sure,must have great eyes and i know he is very familiar with the Ariens transamatic model be so a glimpse of the lines of the machine must have caught his.So thru PM we worked out a deal.He paid for it several months back but since is in California and i am in Indiana it took a little while for us to get together.We kept in touch and updated thru PM and finally on the phone the day before he arrived to pick up his find.Fritz "C130 Flight Engineer" is a great guy and very knowledgeable in planes and aviation as his screen name implies.His other hobby is a little more expensive,he and a partner own a BIGGG plane.He told me its fuel consumption is 600-700 gallons an hour ! This was just one stop on his trip across the country,he was visiting some family and had a couple of tractor stops to make as well.Here is the Ariens leaving the hoosier bound eventually for California.It was good meeting you Fritz.Most of the people involved in this hobby are just down to earth good people.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks guys. Isn't it interesting how these old pieces of equipment make there way around the country ? When most people ( with no interest in our hobby ) wouldn't even bother with them to move to the local scrap yard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.