20 replies to this topic

#16 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 06:45 AM

If a HUD approved inspector says the heat worked and approved the house for sale then it's case closed especially considering the buyers waved a chance to hire an independent inspector. I'd bet when the buyer actually does check with a real attorney they will find they don't have a leg to stand on.

:

Edited by MH81, September 21, 2013 - 07:11 AM.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#17 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 07:47 AM

It might be worth your while to call the warranty co and remind them that it was HUD inspected and the furnace was checked and approved at the time. Give them the HUD inspector's name and tell them to check it out and handle the claim.

#18 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 09:15 AM

Seeing as how they didn't give you a chance to make the situation right with them then crying lawsuit is more than likely just a ploy to get a new furnace for free.

Anyway without knowing exactly what is the problem with the furnace it is tough to make an informed decision, does it need a simple part or is it beyond repair ??

If something doesn't make sense then it is more than likely not true, This is one of those times when what is happening doesn't make sense so....

#19 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,227 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 10:24 AM

Arti I feel its exactly as you said. If I would of recieved a phone call that they were having trouble I would of gladly went over there and taken a look at it. I have several friends that do furnace work and can get parts at dealer cost, free advice and sometimes 6 pack labor.

people always want someone else to pay for them. Do some research on the hud fha loans. People qualify for them and everyone knows there is no chance of them affording the homes. I was told this during some other phone calls I made yesterday. They estimate in 3 years 75% of these loans will be in foreclosure and another housing dive is going to take place.

thanks for the advice guys ill be sure to let you know hownit plays out
  • MH81 said thank you

#20 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 06:14 PM

my furnace died shortly after I bought my house. I, not the past owners had to foot the bill for a replacement furnace.

#21 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,227 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 07:01 PM

Buying my house I am in now.

Second bathroom that I removed was leaking and the floor was rotting.

Second bathroom plumbing was leaking and cause a little flood in the basement. Little leak became a big leak about 4 hours into me owning it.

I did repairs to the wood burner. New duct work, sealing, gaskets and other odds and ends.

Fixed lots of gutter problems. they were a mess.

OK I footed the bill for this stuff. I knew some things were bad and I took care of it. people drive me nuts lol