Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Anyone Ever Worked On A Transmission In A Yanmar Ym180D?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 diesel nut OFFLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 460 Thanks
  • 307 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 12:17 PM

I have a customers Yanmar YM180D in at work that has a broken 4wd engagement lever.  Externaly the lever is fine it doesnt have any play in any direction where it shouldnt.  It just flops back and forth like theres nothing attached inside when you try to put it in or out of gear.  I'm working on splitting it now but would apreciate any help I can get on what I could be expecting to find.  Something simple that I can fix at work or parts that I have to order.   I.E. roll pin, the fork itself, the shift collar, or ???.  And does anyone have at least a parts break down of this part of the tractor?  I've tried looking online and all I can find are manuals that I have to buy, and on the Yanmar website but it keeps coming up as an unrecognized model.  I'm pretty sure its not a gray market tractor as all of the decals and even the serial tag on the tractor and engine are in english.  Thanks in advance.  Stewart

#2 sacsr OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,253 Thanks
  • 3,279 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 05:35 PM

Not a grey market- pretty sure same as 186 and 187 - maybe a little shorter in length or longer and may not be a power shift transmission

I am gone till weekend, so I can not upload anything till then

Yanmar forum on tractorbynet is best for this type of info

Gary at Jamiesons up in PA is another good source.

Good tractor that was made for the USA
  • diesel nut said thank you