22 replies to this topic

#16 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 07:14 PM

THANKS D-nUT
I didn`t see anything other than the mower that was attached. His whole lot is full of big tractor attachments so he might have something in there that will fit. Is there a size class when you are looking for attachments for these small tractors? I would definitely be looking for plow, disc and yard box type scraper for driveway work. I noticed yesterday on my way to work that he had moved it and mowed under it so it may be running.

#17 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 504 Thanks
  • 319 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 08:41 PM

The hitch on the back is a category "0" size.  Any of the Agri-Fab and Brinly Hardy 3 point hitch attachments will fit and any GT make that used the same size hitch should hook right up with the exception of Sears I think.  There was somthing different about those but I'm not sure what.  And Brinly used to make an adapter to go from 3 pt to sleeve hitch so that adds to the available rear attachments too.  They might even still make it.   Any mid or front mounted attachments would have to be either made by Speedex or modified to fit the tractor.            Stewart

#18 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted September 22, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Where's those pictures??  I have brochure with Eagle and Falcon, will have to find it and post maybe.

#19 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 03:34 AM

I talked to the guy yesterday...he said one of his employees owns it and was on vacation. Said he wanted 1600$ with a plow and tow behind rototiller with out the motor. It cranked right up with the help of the choked. Didn`t smoke after the choke cleared out and sounded pretty good. He said he couldn`t figure how to get the Hydro lift on the deck to work but it had before. Has the brake cylinders(master) on each brake pedal. He said the owner thought it was an early `60`s model. I don`t think they made them then . The belt on the deck was broke but everything else worked . I took some pics on my phone but don`t have time right now to figure out how up load them . will try tonite if I get time. My biggest concern right now is the freame just looks awful flimsy... and I wouldn`t come close to paying that if it all worked great. There`s a one ownwer Farmall Cub right up the road for 1800$

#20 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 06:49 AM

Seems a little High I say too!  Frames on these things are usually made from Thick flatstock is all, no channel or tubing. About 3/4" x 1-1/2" or close is all. Lots of mounts of same material used and seat mounts etc. Heavy stock for front axle. Lots of odd bent rods to control things and little links and pedals that all look kinda homemade!  Welcome to Speedex!

• SNUFFY said thank you

#21 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 03:19 AM

The Cub just dropped his price to 1500$....
The worst thing about the Speedex is the way the engine slide clutch thing just looks like trouble waiting to happen. When he engaged it, it seemed like the front of the engine rode up in the front a little before it locked down . Any easy explanation on how to download pics from my phone to here ???

#22 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 06:36 AM

There is SOME adjustment to mount rollers, they are offset or cammed to allow you to turn and take up space. My engine in mine shakes around quite a bit when in Neutral and even some engaged. I do have a cam over action on the pedal to lock in gear, but never knew if that was what it was supposed to do or not?  Manuals don't say much about the system or how to run it. My 1240 now is gonna be the belt tensioner and standard transaxle. Think I might like that better as long as THAT system doesn't just Grab and Go all jerky and such. We'll see!

#23 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,668 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted December 30, 2013 - 12:33 PM

Looking for update on this if any. Pictures?  There is way to put them on from phones, info on  here somewhere I think. Look under the forums for one about the site and check there.  Did you get it or the Cub?